Match: New Zealand v Australia 1st T20 (of 5)
Time: 11.30 am India
Stadium: Hagley Oval, New Zealand
Last T20: Tour of Pakistan – Won 2-1
- 18/12/20 Win by 5 wickets (7 balls remaining)
- 20/12/20 Win by 9 wickets (9 balls remaining)
- 22/12/20 Lost bt 4 wickets (2 balls remaining)
World Ranking: 2nd
Last T20: Tour of Inida, lost 2-1
- 4/12/20 Lost by 11 runs
- 6/12/20 Lost by 6 wickets (2 balls remaining)
- 8/21/20 Won by 12 runs
Trends & Recent Form
New Zealand T20 form
- 6th placed in the T20 rankings but they are coming into this over an away win against Pakistan who is ranked 4th.
- In the last T20 series on home soil, they lost 5-0 to India who is ranked 3rd in the world for T20s.
- Before that they beat the West Indies away 2-0 in a T20 series.
- Thier highest-ranked batsman are Colin Munro, 8th, and Tim Seifert, 9th.
- Tim Southee, 7th, and Mitchell Santner, 9th, are their highest-ranked bowlers in international T20 cricket.
Australia T20 form
- Australia have left David Warner, Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummings at home for this tour.
- They are expected to open with Wade, Philippe, Finch, Maxwell and Stoinis. Quite an explosive opening bunch.
- Aaron Finch has described this tour as a fact-finding mission on New Zealand ahead of the T20 World Cup that should take place later in the year.
- Young bowler Tanveer Sanga will be looking to get some time in the team. He’s just come through his first Big Bash and as a right-arm leg spinner he will be an interesting talent to watch when he starts.
Head to head stats
These two have not played each other in T20 cricket for just over 3 years.
Match Prediction & Tips
This looks like an interesting series with both teams rotating their players to avoid any bubble fatigue. It’s a 5 matches series and both will be looking to get off to a winning start. The team’s recent form seems relatively balanced with close series between Pakistan and India respectively.
Match Result: Australia to win at 4/5*.
Whilst there is some rotation the opening 5 batsmen for Australia should be far too strong for New Zealand bowlers. Whilst Finch had a poor Big Bash he still possesses serious quality. He is well backed up by an in form Philipe, Maxwell and Stoinis.
Kane Williamson will be looking to make more of a mark in the T20 game to back up his no 1 ranking in test cricket.
There’s a great range of markets on this match with 10Cric and we’ve selected an extra bet for this match. You can see the full match markets here.
- Tip 1: Williamson to score more than Finch.
He’s not the no 1 test batsman in the world for no reason! Looking at the two players form Williamson has been playing well and is a very gifted cricketer.
Finch comes into this tour on the back of a very pool Big Bash where he scored just 176 runs. He had break for a refresh but still needs some performance to turn his form around.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles – August 4, 2021 Predictions: Can Livingstone fire Phoenix to glory?
Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Date: August 4, 2021 Start Time: 6:00pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match Format: 100-Ball
West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?
Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I
London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!
Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball