- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand
- Date: August 4, 2022
- Start Time: 3:00pm
- Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet
- Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I
- Format: T20I
New Zealand won by 16 runs
Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends
This match is being streamed on ICC.tv
New Zealand is missing a couple of key international players due to other commitments. Roelof van der Merwe and Paul van Meekeren will miss the T20 series and will be missed for a side already set to struggle against a strong New Zealand lineup.
Logan van Beek is available for this match and his bowling will be key for the Dutch.
Bas de Leede is our player to watch for the series. His talent is clear to see and the 22-year-old will see this as an opportunity to show his class against a top team in New Zealand.
Netherlands Last Match vs New Zealand
Match abandoned without a ball bowled
New Zealand Trends
New Zealand is unbeaten in their last 9 matches. They are currently on a European tour and have won all 9 white ball matches, 5 of them have been T20s and 4 have been ODIs.
New Zealand racked up a record score in their last match agaionst Scotland, details below. They scored a massive 254 runs batting first and we would expect to see almost the same lineup here. The opener, Guptill, may return but it would be a big call to leave out one of the openers after the last performance. If they get in to bat first you could see another huge score here.
New Zealand coasted past Scotland in the last matches but the games against Ireland were a lot closer. In the ODI’s they needed a record-breaking final over to avoid defeat when chasing 301.
New Zealand Last Match vs Scotland
New Zealand won by 102 runs
This was a huge batting performance from New Zealand chasing down 307 with 25 balls to spare. This was a one-off ODI match against Scotland after the T20 series.
Netherlands vs New Zealand Match Prediction
Based on the quality of the two teams you cannot predict anything other than a New Zealand win. They are the stronger team and in better form. The question is just a matter of how much they will win by and not if they will win.
Predicted scores if batting first:
New Zealand: 220/5
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: West Indies vs India Date: August 6, 2022 Start Time: 2:30pm Stadium: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 4th T20I Format: T20I Result India won by 59 runs West Indies vs India Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies and India have headed to Florida for … Read more
- Ireland vs South Africa Prediction – August 5, 2022Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by 44 runs Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends Ireland Trends Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good … Read more
- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 16 runs Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends Netherlands Trends This match is being streamed on ICC.tv New Zealand is missing a couple of … Read more
In the Netherland last complete match, they lost top Zimbabwe in the T20 World Cup qualifiers final. They had been playing really well in the tournament and just fell short in the final. It was a huge disappointment that they could not chase down 132 runs.