Match: Netherlands v Scotland – 1st ODI
Date: 19th May 2021
Stadium: Hazelaarweg Stadion, Rotterdam
Trends & Recent Form
After a long break from international cricket Scotland head to the Netherlands for a 2 match one-day series.
The Netherlands has recently played a T-20 series in Nepal where they lost in the final. Scotland has not played international cricket for over a year and a half and this will be the first time the team have been together in that time. Both matches will take place in Rotterdam, the first match on Wednesday, the 19th of May followed by the second match on Friday 21st May.
There are over 20 betting markets available for this event. At the time of writing, Netherlands are a slight favourite at 4/5 odds for Scotland can be backed at 1/1 odds (evens). Some sites are offering live streaming of this event depending on where you’re based. Check the site you are using to see if that is available where you are.
- ODI World Rankings: 11th – 50 points
- Top-rated batsman: None in the top 100
- Top-rated bowler: None in the top 100
Latest stats and trends
- Netherlands cricket comes into this match on the back of a one-off T-20 tournament that took place with Nepal and Malaysia in April this year.
- In the final of this event, the Netherlands lost by 142 runs to Nepal. Nepal set a target of 239 to win from 20 overs and Netherlands were all out for 96 runs from 17.2 overs.
- Prior to this, the Netherlands won their first two matches of the event beating Malaysia by 15 runs after scoring 191 for two.
- This was after beating Nepal by three wickets with three balls remaining after chasing down 207 to win.
- ODI World Rankings: 15th – 30 points
- Top-rated batsman: Kyle Coetzer
- Top-rated bowler: Mark Watt 45th
Latest stats and trends
- Scotland has three batsmen in the world top 100 and 4 bowlers in the worlds top 100. That is based on the men’s one-day rankings from the ICC at the time of writing.
- Scotland has taken a full-strength squad to the Netherlands and will be looking to get a win after a long break from cricket. Whilst this is a one day game they will still be thinking ahead to the T-20 World Cup expected to take place in October with players fighting for a place in that squad.
- Scotland fans can watch the match on sky sports cricket in the UK sky sports and New Zealand flow sports in the Caribbean super sport in South Africa and Fox Sports Channel 7 in Australia. Various other outlets may stream the event where you, check your local media outlets for details.
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Scotland to win at 1/1*
We are backing Scotland to win the opening game of the two-match one-day series.
Although they haven’t played cricket as a team for while they still possess a stronger squad than the Netherlands. They are lower in the rankings at the moment due to a lack of games played in the last 12 months rather than a lack of quality.
They have more players in the top 100 for both batting and bowling than Holland and whilst this will be a difficult task Scotland at odds of 1/1* to win is enough for us to back them to take the win here.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on tumblr
Share on reddit
Here are some other previews you may like