Match: Multan Sultans v Karrachi Kings
Date: 10th June 2021
Tournament: Pakistan Super League
Trends & Recent Form
Now the PSL is finally back underway the teams will be looking to kick on and get some results under their belts as they push for the knockout stages.
Top of the table, Karachi Kings, will be looking to get another win and keep their push for the top spot going. Due to the delay in the tournament, some players have left and some have come in. We will look over all the stats in our match stats and preview.
Multan Sultans form
Position: 5th of 6
- Played: 5
- Won: 1
- Lost: 4
- Net Run Rate: -0.244
- Top Batsman: Mohammed Rizwan 297 runs
- Top Bowler: Shahnawaz Dahani – 9 wickets
Latest stats and trends
- The Sultans have brought in West Indies batter Shimron Hetmyer in the mini draft replacing Mahmudullah. He has a 150 strike rate in the IPL and should do well on the UAE pitches.
- MS is without some big names in the second half of the tournament with Chris Lynn, Adam Lyth, Carlos Braithwaite, and James Vince missing.
- All-rounder Shahid Afridi will miss the remainder of the PSL with a back injury.
- Usman Qadir has been talking up his chances on the UAE pitches saying “Conditions in UAE will support spinners and I am looking forward to doing well for my team here”.
- The UAE pitches should really suit the spinners of Multan Sultans and will change the flow of the tournament from the restart. MS could still have a good chance of making the knock-out matches despite being 5th in the table currently.
Karachi Kings form
Position: 1st of 6
- Played: 5
- Won: 3
- Lost: 2
- Net Run Rate: +0.697
- Top Batsman: Babar Azam 258
Latest stats and trends
- Martin Guptill is relishing the challenge of being double champions for Karachi Kings as a new recruit in the draft.
- KK are without Mohammad Nabi, Colin Ingram and Dan Christian who have all left the franchise at the break.
- Herschelle Gibbs believes that Babar Azam can become as good as Virat Kohli in the T20 format. Azam is the 15/8* favourite to be the top batsman in this match.
- Captain Imad Wasim is looking for a Pakistan recall with his performances in the PSL. He’s fallen out of favour but wants to get back in the team for the T20 world cup later in the year. Captaining KK to a double title would help his chances.
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Karachi Kings to win at 4/6*
As well as being top of the league at the re-start the Kings have the stronger of the 2 teams. They have more quality and have been Impacted less by players dropping out. This has not damaged them significantly and they are one of the teams you could say were stronger than before the break when compared to others.
In Babar Azam, they have the 3rd best T20 batsman in the world and a player who always performs in the PSL. Karachi Kings will have too much firepower for Multan Sultans with both bat and ball.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Lucknow Super Giants v Chennai Super Kings Date: 31st March 2022 Stadium: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai Trends & Recent Form LSG and CSK meet for the first time and both
Match: Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kolkata Knight Riders Date: 30th Match 2022 Stadium: Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Navi Mumbai Trends & Recent Form Royal Challenges comes into the match
Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Rajasthan Royals Date: 28th Match 2022 Stadium: Cricket Association Mumbai. Trends & Recent Form The teams predicted to be the bottom two go head to head