- Match: Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder
- Date: December 10, 2021
- Start Time: 8:15am
- Stadium: Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – 7th Match
- Format: T20
Melbourne Stars won by 4 runs
Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder Stats and Trends
Melbourne Stars Trends
- Played: 2
- Won: 1
- Lost: 1
- NRR: -3.7000
- Last 5 results: W, L
Andre Russel is back for the Melbourne Stars for this game, they need a boost to the squad after the opening game thrashing from the Sixers.
The pitch for this match is not expected to produce a lot of runs so it will be key for the top order to stay in and build the innings. Glenn Maxwell needs a captains innings to lead the team on. Adam Zampa will be a key payer with the ball and would be a good selection for your Dream 11 fantasy team at home on this wicket.
Head to head the Stars have 8 wins and Sydney Thunder has 7 wins, there has been 1 no result.
Melbourne Stars Last Match vs Sydney Sixers
Sydney Sixers won by 152 runs
This is one of the worst opening performances from Melbourne Stars in Big Bash history. They are a top side but they did not show this in this match. They were completely dominated by the Sixers from start to finish. A 152 run loss is a huge embarrassment to the side and they will be keen to improve on that for their first home match.
The Sixers batted first and put on 213/4. This was a disaster for the Stars bowlers. Sam Rainbird 59/1 from 4 overs was the worst of the bowlers – That’s a 14.75 economy. None of the bowlers came out well from this performance.
With the bat only 2 players got over 10 runs, again no one came out well from this performance. Opener Peter Nevill top-scored with 18 from 14 and Hilton Cartwright got 10 from 9. The Stars hit 1 6 in the innings
Sydney Thunder Trends
- Played: 2
- Won: 1
- Lost: 1
- NRR: 0.5010
- Last 5 results: L, W
The forecast for this match is for think cloud, this should suit the Thunders bowlers and will be a low scoring battle.
Thunder is expected to have the same team out as the last match. Just Usman Khawaja is missing from their usual squad while on Ashes duty for Australia.
Alex Ross and Alex Hales will be key players for Sydney thunder. Hales was out for a duck in the opening match but we all know the quality he has. The Sydney Thunder team has good strength in the top order and should pose some problems for the Melbourne Stars in this match.
Sydney Thunder Last Match vs Brisbane Heat
Sydney Thunder won by 7 wickets (with 17 balls remaining)
Sydney Thunder was impressive in this match. They were going really well with the ball at 16/2. Duckett and Heazlett did them some damage but they still managed to limit the score to 140/8.
Hales went for a duck and at 32/3 it looked like it could be a close game. Then Billings and Ross picked the runs off with relative ease to bring the win home in 17.1 overs. Ross hit the most sixes with 2 and Billings and Gilkes had one each. This was a composed professional run chased from Billings and Ross.
Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder Match Prediction
This looks to be a great game and should be a good one to watch. The Cricketics team will be following this match closely. It sets the rest of the tournament up for the Melbourne Stars and another big defeat would be a real blow to their confidence.
Sydney Thunder looked good in their last performance and another win should be on the cards if they perform well in this match. 2 for 2 would be an ideal start for a team who finished third last year. They will want to go one better than losing the playoff in last years Big Bash.
Predicted result: Sydney Thunder to win in a sub 150 match
Predicted scores if batting first:
Melbourne Stars 120/8
Sydney Thunder 150/6
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: West Indies vs India Date: August 6, 2022 Start Time: 2:30pm Stadium: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 4th T20I Format: T20I Result India won by 59 runs West Indies vs India Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies and India have headed to Florida for […]
- Ireland vs South Africa Prediction – August 5, 2022Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by 44 runs Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends Ireland Trends Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good […]
- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 16 runs Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends Netherlands Trends This match is being streamed on ICC.tv New Zealand is missing a couple of […]