- Match: Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder
- Date: December 10, 2021
- Start Time: 8:15am
- Stadium: Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – 7th Match
- Format: T20
Melbourne Stars won by 4 runs
Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder Stats and Trends
Melbourne Stars Trends
- Played: 2
- Won: 1
- Lost: 1
- NRR: -3.7000
- Last 5 results: W, L
Andre Russel is back for the Melbourne Stars for this game, they need a boost to the squad after the opening game thrashing from the Sixers.
The pitch for this match is not expected to produce a lot of runs so it will be key for the top order to stay in and build the innings. Glenn Maxwell needs a captains innings to lead the team on. Adam Zampa will be a key payer with the ball and would be a good selection for your Dream 11 fantasy team at home on this wicket.
Head to head the Stars have 8 wins and Sydney Thunder has 7 wins, there has been 1 no result.
Melbourne Stars Last Match vs Sydney Sixers
Sydney Sixers won by 152 runs
This is one of the worst opening performances from Melbourne Stars in Big Bash history. They are a top side but they did not show this in this match. They were completely dominated by the Sixers from start to finish. A 152 run loss is a huge embarrassment to the side and they will be keen to improve on that for their first home match.
The Sixers batted first and put on 213/4. This was a disaster for the Stars bowlers. Sam Rainbird 59/1 from 4 overs was the worst of the bowlers – That’s a 14.75 economy. None of the bowlers came out well from this performance.
With the bat only 2 players got over 10 runs, again no one came out well from this performance. Opener Peter Nevill top-scored with 18 from 14 and Hilton Cartwright got 10 from 9. The Stars hit 1 6 in the innings
Sydney Thunder Trends
- Played: 2
- Won: 1
- Lost: 1
- NRR: 0.5010
- Last 5 results: L, W
The forecast for this match is for think cloud, this should suit the Thunders bowlers and will be a low scoring battle.
Thunder is expected to have the same team out as the last match. Just Usman Khawaja is missing from their usual squad while on Ashes duty for Australia.
Alex Ross and Alex Hales will be key players for Sydney thunder. Hales was out for a duck in the opening match but we all know the quality he has. The Sydney Thunder team has good strength in the top order and should pose some problems for the Melbourne Stars in this match.
Sydney Thunder Last Match vs Brisbane Heat
Sydney Thunder won by 7 wickets (with 17 balls remaining)
Sydney Thunder was impressive in this match. They were going really well with the ball at 16/2. Duckett and Heazlett did them some damage but they still managed to limit the score to 140/8.
Hales went for a duck and at 32/3 it looked like it could be a close game. Then Billings and Ross picked the runs off with relative ease to bring the win home in 17.1 overs. Ross hit the most sixes with 2 and Billings and Gilkes had one each. This was a composed professional run chased from Billings and Ross.
Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder Match Prediction
This looks to be a great game and should be a good one to watch. The Cricketics team will be following this match closely. It sets the rest of the tournament up for the Melbourne Stars and another big defeat would be a real blow to their confidence.
Sydney Thunder looked good in their last performance and another win should be on the cards if they perform well in this match. 2 for 2 would be an ideal start for a team who finished third last year. They will want to go one better than losing the playoff in last years Big Bash.
Predicted result: Sydney Thunder to win in a sub 150 match
Predicted scores if batting first:
Melbourne Stars 120/8
Sydney Thunder 150/6
Here are some other previews you may like
- Betway 4 to score – CricketBetway has a great game to play for cricket fans – 4 to score. This is a free game to play and is available on selected cricket matches, usually including India games and the IPL. You can win up to ₹1,00,000, although recently there has not been many winners. All you need is a Betway […]
- Top 10 IPL earnings in real time. You won’t believe your eyes!The Indian Premier League is packed full of the worlds very best cricketers. Sports stars at the top of their game or profession mean they can command the biggest pay checks and IPL cricketers are no exception. We’ve found the top 10 IPL earners. The sums involved are quite staggering when real time earnings can […]
- There have been some magnificent cricketers throughout the years. Some incredibly fast-paced bowlers such as Brett Lee and Shoaib Akhtar as well as some phenomenal spin bowlers, none better than Shane Warne. Elite sportsmen and women will always look for the edge. The extra 1% that turns the competition in their favour. None more so […]