Match: March 1 day cup
Time: 4.30 am India
Stadium: Junction Oval, Australia
- Played 1
- Lost 1
Last Match: 59 run loss to New South Wales.
- Played 1
- Lost 1
Last Match: 4 wicket loss to Queensland.
Trends & Recent Form
- In the last Marsh Cup Victoria finished 5th overall with three wins from seven and a net run rate of -0.784.
- Victoria are the strong favourites with bookmakers to get their first win here, they have a 61% inferred chance from the betting odds.
- In the first match, they lost to New South Wales after an inspired performance by Steve Smith.
- Matt Short was the top-performing batsman with 67 runs from 67 balls. James Pattinson also got a half-century, 54 runs from 36 balls.
- Jon Holland was the pick of the bowlers with 40/2 from 10 overs. James Pattinson, Will Sutherland and Zak Evans all took 2 wickets but with a higher economy rate.
- Last season Tasmania finished 4th overall with three wins from seven and a net run rate of -0.034.
- In the first match, they lost to Queensland after batting first. They were all out for 237 from 49.5 overs and lost with 14 balls remaining. The pitch was more suited to the bowlers.
- Jordan Silk top scored with 77 runs from 88 balls. No other players got a half-century, Opener Caleb Jewell was next best with 36 runs from 27 balls. Tasmania put on 55 runs before the first wicket fell. They then put on 44 runs for the next four wickets.
- Nathan Elis was in fine form with the ball, getting 39/3 from his 10 overs. Jackson Bird, Sam Rainbird and Beau Webster all took one wicket each. Tom Andrews didn’t take any wickets but impressed with an economy of 4.20 from 10 overs.
Head to head stats
Marsh Cup 2019.
- 23-9-19 Victoria won by 1 run
- Victoria 185 (47.5 overs)
- Tasmania 185 (40.4 overs)
Match Prediction & Tips
These two teams make for an interesting match up. Both have started the Marsh Cup with a loss and whilst they have good squads neither have a real stand out superstar in the current squads.
The bookmakers have Victoria as the strong favourites and they have a better team on paper. In the last head to head, they had one of the closest one fay matches in Marsh Cup history with Victoria taking the final wicket with just 1 run needed by Tasmanina.
Match Result: Victoria to win 8/13*.
These odds are a little short so we’d advise caution with any bets places as usual. You’ll find information on responsible gambling at the bottom of this page.
Victoria does look too strong and we’d expect to see a big score if they bat first.
- Victoria 310/5
- Tasmania 275 all out
There are over 20 betting markets for this match with most betting sites. Here is an extra pick for this game from the stats.
- 1: Highest individual score under 101.5 – 5/6*
In the opening matches, neither team had a player get close to a century. This is an early trend for a small stake play.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles – August 4, 2021 Predictions: Can Livingstone fire Phoenix to glory?
Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Date: August 4, 2021 Start Time: 6:00pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match Format: 100-Ball
West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?
Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I
London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!
Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball