Match: Marsh Cup
Date: March 13th, 2021
Time: 4.30 am India
Stadium: North Sydney Oval
- Played 2
- Won 2
- Net Run Rate +2.004
- Played 2
- Won 1
- Net Run Rate -0.889
Trends & Recent Form
New South Wales form
- New South Wales top the table and they are the in-form team in both the Marsh Cup and the Sheffield Sheild (4-day cricket).
- In the Marsh Cup, they have had 2 very comfortable wins.
- In their first match, they batted first and racked up 318/9 from their 50 overs. They then got Victoria all out for 59 runs in just over 45 overs. This was an impressive victory.
- In their second match, they destroyed South Australia! After getting them all out for 205 in 46 overs they chased the 206 down in 29 overs losing just 4 wickets. This was an even more impressive victory than the first match.
- There is a real strength in depth for NSW with a number of seasoned internationals in the squad.
Western Australia form
- Western Australia comes into this match on the back of a heavy defeat to Queensland. They were all out for 143 chasings 265 to win.
- The top order of the batting collapsed with only one of the top five making more than 10 runs.
- Captain Sam Whiteman top scored with 52 runs from 63 balls. No one else got a half-century.
- With the ball, Joel Paris excelled with 4/50 from his 10 overs. WA started well and took some early wickets getting Queensland to 49/4 but then struggled to pick off the middle order.
Match Prediction & Tips
We are not taking any options in the match winners market. New South Wales should win this comfortably but at odds of 1/3, we are not interested in placing a back option here.
Match Prediction: New South Wales to win.
This should be a cruise to victory for NSW. It may be worth looking for a margin of victory market once we know who will bat first.
With no value on offer currently in the to win the match market, we have looked over the other options to select some picks with more value. Please read below for our guide to responsible gambling.
- Pick 1: Warner top NSW batsman
David Warner is a top-quality batsman and took the man of the match as the top scorer in the last match. His record speaks for its self and he should have the opportunity to make a big score in this match.
- Pick 2: A 50 to be scored in the match: no 11/1**
** Only if Western Australia bat first!
These odds caught the teams eye. Western Australia only managed one half-century last time out and if they bat first we are not expecting them to put on a big score. We would predict them potentially getting 120-175 if batting first, which would be picked off with simplicity by New South Wales. This is more of a long shot punt so we would advise betting with caution.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles – August 4, 2021 Predictions: Can Livingstone fire Phoenix to glory?
Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Date: August 4, 2021 Start Time: 6:00pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match Format: 100-Ball
West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?
Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I
London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!
Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball