- Match: Lancashire vs Durham
- Date: July 16, 2021
- Start Time: 5:30pm
- Stadium: Old Trafford
- Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – North Group
- Format: T20
- Played: 13
- Won: 6
- Lost: 5
- NRR: 0.1740
- Last 5 results: W, W, L, W, L
- Played: 13
- Won: 5
- Lost: 7
- NRR: 0.0970
- Last 5 results: L, L, L, L, W
Lancashire won by 6 runs
Lightning Stats & Trends
- Lancashire Lightning sits 4th in the table on 12 points. They are 1 point ahead of Durham who are in 5th, tied on 11 points with Birmingham bears.
- With 2 matches to play, this followed by Yorkshire on Saturday Lancashire are very close to sealing a place in the quarter finals. They will confirm a place if they beat Durham and Birmingham Bears fails to beat Worcestershire.
- Lancashire will be looking to top batter FH Allen to perform in this match. He is on 311 runs so far in 11 innings and has been consistent throughout. Liam Livingstone has the highest average, 63.50 and hit 254 runs in 5 innings when not on international duty.
- Despite his high average of 8.41 Parkinson is classed as the top bowler with 13 wickets so far. Hartly has 10 and Mahmood, who recently impressed for England in the ODI series against Pakistan, has 8.
Durham Stats and Trends
- With a win over Lancashire Durham will take 4th place and be in the final qualifying sport with one match to go. On Sunday they face top placed Nottinghamshire, who have already qualified. If they win both matches then it will be Durham who goes into the quarter finals.
- Durham average for score of 205 is lower than Lancashires of 213. Their against average score is 205 compared will Lancashires 213. Both teams have very tight matches.
- Bedingham has been the batter to watch in the Durham side hitting a team high of 12 sixes, Clark is the closest to him with 7 sixes. Clark leads the way with 29 fours in his 11 innings so far.
- Bancroft has the most runs with 266 and the highest top score with 76 not out. His average of 29.55 is bettered by 4 of his team mates.
- MJ Potts is another bowler who is the top wicket taker with a high average. An economy of 9.07 is far too high for T20 cricket but his haul of 14 wickets puts him 5 wickets ahead of Raine in the team leader board. Trevaskis has the best average at 6.71 from 8 matches and he has taken 6 wickets.
Lancashire vs Durham Match Prediction
This looks like a very difficult match to call with both teams having similar records and similar net run rates. The teams are really evenly matched and both have everything to play for as a win would put either of them in an excellent position to make the quarter-finals in third or fourth place depending on how the other results go.
In the last meeting between the two teams, on June 17th, Durham won by 6 wickets with 14 balls remaining. They limited Lancashire, who batted first, to 151/6 and chased down the total losing 4 wickets, with 14 balls to spare. Bedingham took the man of the match.
Durham’s recent form has dipped while Lancashire has found a couple of wins just when they needed them.
Match prediction: Lancashire to win in a tight match.
Lancashire vs Durham Stats
Player Stats this season
Top Batters This Season
Top Bowlers This Season
Lancashire Last Match vs Northamptonshire
Lancashire beat Northamptonshire by 8 wickets in Manchester on the 2nd of July. They have won 2 of their last 2 matches now and have some momentum going into this match.
Durham Last Match vs Derbyshire
|Paul van Meekeren|
Durham lost this match by 6 wickets and is now on a losing streak of 3 matches. They have lost by 30 runs to Northamptonshire and by 8 wickets to Leicestershire. They should have had a top 4 place sorted but their dip in form has come at a bad time for them.
If we look further back we can see that they have only won 1 match in the last 6 in the Blast. This comes after they won 3 of their first 4 matches and were sitting at the top of the league.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles – August 4, 2021 Predictions: Can Livingstone fire Phoenix to glory?Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Date: August 4, 2021 Start Time: 6:00pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match Format: 100-Ball Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Stats and Trends Birmingham Phoenix Trends Played: 2 Won: 1 Lost: 1 NRR: -1.5830 Last 5 results: L, W Birmingham Phoenix has now played 4 […]
- West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I West Indies vs Pakistan Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies can tie the series with a win. The current score is 1-0 after 2 matches have been washed […]
- London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball Result Northern Superchargers won by 63 runs London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Stats and Trends London Spirit Trends Played: 3 Won: 0 Lost: 2 NRR: -0.4540 Last 5 results: L, […]