Match: PSL, match 2
Time: 6.30 pm India
Stadium: National Stadium, Karachi.
Last Season: 3rd in the table
- P 10
- W 5
- L 5
- NRR – 0.072
Last Season: 4th in the table
- P 10
- W 4
- L 5
- NR 1
- NRR – 0.055
Trends & Recent Form
Qalanders form and trends
- The Qalanaders lost in the final of the 2020 PSL by 5 wickets to the Karachi Kings.
- In the 2021 auction, they picked up Afgan spinner Rashid Khan. This will be his first appearance in the PSL.
- They added the experience of Samit Patel at the gold level as well.
- The Qalanders knocked out Zalmi in the first knock out game in 2020.
- Fakhar Zaman was the top scorer for the Qalanders in 2020 with 325 runs from 12 matches. He was second in the overall total runs table.
- The Qalanders are the favourites in the betting for the tournament.
Peshawar Zalmi form and trends
- Peshawar Zalmi is the thrid favourites to take the PSL title.
- Last year Zalmi was on target to qualify 2nd or top before losing their last 2 matches at the group stages and then finishing 4th. It was down to their net run rate that they were 4th and not 5th.
- They played the Qalanaders 3 times in 2020 and won just 1 of the matches. This was a rain-reduced match of just 12 overs.
- When the pressure was on Zalmi seems to struggle to take wickets.
- They added South African David Miller as their platinum buy at the auction. His aggressive middle-order batting will suit this team and the PSL.
Match Prediction & Tips
The opening game is always a tough one to call. We have seen enough from the Qalanders last year to think they will start strongly again this year.
Match Result: Qalanders to win 8/11.
They won 2 of the 3 head to heads and we think the addition of Rashid Khan moves them up to another level.
David Miller was a good buy for Peshawar Zalmi but Khan is another level up and has a vast experience of T20 cricket.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on tumblr
Share on reddit
Here are some other previews you may like