- Match: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Date: October 3, 2021
- Start Time: 2:00pm
- Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium
- Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – 49th Match
- Format: T20
Kolkata Knight Riders won by 6 wickets (with 2 balls remaining)
Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Stats and Trends
Kolkata Knight Riders Trends
- Played: 13
- Won: 6
- Lost: 7
- NRR: 0.2940
- Last 5 results: W, L, W, L, W
KKR has got itself in a good position to keep pushing for a playoff place. They sit 4th in the table due to their +0.302 NRR. They are on 10 points along with Punjab and Mumbai.
Against the bottom of the table SRH, they should be looking for a big win to get the NRR higher. This could be crucial at the end of the round-robin stage.
Rahul Tripathi is the top batsman with 349 runs at a 34.9 average. His 143 SR is excellent too. Tripathi and Rana, 310 runs, will be key to the success of KKR in their last 3 matches.
Varun Chakravarthy has now taken 13 wickets at a 6.75 economy and is the 8th best bowler, at the time of writing. Krishna, 12 wickets, and Andre Russell, 11 wickets, have supported him well. Narie has chipped in with 9 wickets meaning the KKR bowling attack has performed well as a unit.
Kolkata Knight Riders Last Match vs Punjab Kings
Punjab Kings won by 5 wickets (with 3 balls remaining)
This result was a blow to KKR as they had a chance to get 2 points over their knockout rivals PBKS. They really needed a win but fell just short, meaning PBKS moved to 10 points and level with KKR in the table.
KKr lost the toss and were put in to bat first. At 90/1 we were expecting a big score but the wicket of Tripath at 90 and then Iyer at 120/3 meant the score tailed off and they finished on 165/7. This looked like a reasonable score but they could have done with 10-15 more runs.
With the ball, the match was going well despite not taking an early wicket. KL Rahul almost carried his bat but fell with 4 balls remaining. Shahrukh Khan did the damage when KKR looked to be getting on top. He finished with 22 from 9 balls, a 224 strike rate.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Trends
- Played: 12
- Won: 2
- Lost: 10
- NRR: -0.4750
- Last 5 results: L, L, W, L, L
Played 11, won 2, these are alarming stats from SRh and there are no signs that they will turn things around. They are out of this years IPL and only have pride to play for and we are not sure they have much of that looking at their performances.
They have been the team most affected by the restarting of the tournament and injuries. They’ve lost Stokes and Archer among others and no team would do well after losing top performers like that.
With the bat, Jonny Bairstow s still the top batsman despite only playing 7 matches – he did not return to the UAE.
T20 star Rashid Khan is the top bower for SRH with 14 wickets at 6.20 economy. Jason Holder Is second with 9 wickets so far at a 6.85 economy. No other bowler has more than 5 wickets and they all sit on an economy rate of over 8. Rashid Khan is an incredible bowler but he cannot do It all on his own!
Sunrisers Hyderabad Last Match vs Chennai Super Kings
Chennai Super Kings won by 6 wickets (with 2 balls remaining)
SRH did okay in this match. They batted first and score 137, which always looked short. But they did an excellent job of defending the score and only lost with 2 balls remaining. Again later wickets would have helped them.
Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Match Prediction
KKR has everything to play for here if they wish to make the playoffs. With limited games remaining they need to get a win here to push on or they will be chasing the other teams and needing a win in their last match against Rajasthan. We do all feel they have the players and form to get the win.
Predicted Result: KKR to win in a tight match.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: West Indies vs India Date: August 6, 2022 Start Time: 2:30pm Stadium: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 4th T20I Format: T20I Result India won by 59 runs West Indies vs India Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies and India have headed to Florida for […]
- Ireland vs South Africa Prediction – August 5, 2022Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by 44 runs Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends Ireland Trends Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good […]
- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 16 runs Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends Netherlands Trends This match is being streamed on ICC.tv New Zealand is missing a couple of […]