- Match: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Date: September 20, 2021
- Start Time: 2:00pm
- Stadium: Sheikh Zayed Stadium
- Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – 31st Match
- Format: T20
Kolkata Knight Riders won by 9 wickets (with 60 balls remaining)
Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Stats and Trends
Kolkata Knight Riders Trends
- Played: 8
- Won: 3
- Lost: 5
- NRR: 0.1100
- Last 5 results: W, L, W, L, L
KKR has been poor in the first half of the IPL. They are currently 7th with just 2 wins from 7.
Tim Southee has replaced Pat Cummings for the second half of the tournament.
KKR has injury concerns over Varun Chakravarthy, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, and Shubman Gill.
England captain Eoin Morgan has confirmed he will return to play for KKR and will be fit and ready for this match.
Kolkata Knight Riders Top Batters
Nitesh Rana is the top batsman for KKR and will be key to improving their IPL performances. Cummings picked up some runs at a good strike rate but will not be in the side. Eoin Morgan is a player who will be looking to have a good IPL to get ready for the T20 World Cup, also taking place in the UAE.
Kolkata Knight Riders Top Bowlers
Tim Southee is a good replacement for Cummings, who has taken the most wickets but has always been expensive for runs in IPL 2021 and IPL 2020. Southee should improve on his economy numbers.
Kolkata Knight Riders Last Match vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
KKR played thier last match against top of the table Delhi Capitals. They posted 154/6 batting first. Dehli Capitals chased them down in 16.3 overs losing just 3 wickets. With the low wickets from KKR they should have posted a bigger score, 180 would have been a decent score on that wicket.
Royal Challengers Bangalore Trends
- Played: 8
- Won: 5
- Lost: 3
- NRR: -0.7060
- Last 5 results: L, L, W, L, W
RCB is third in the table after a good start to the IPL in 2021. They won their first 4 matches in a row beating Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Rajasthan.
The run came to an end with a surprise defeat to CSK where they struggled in the run chased ending 69 runs short. They then beat Dehli by 1 run in an epic match-up. In the last match, they fell to a shock defeat to the bottom of the table Punjab Kings.
RCB will play in a changed blue shirt as s tribute to the front-line workers in the Covid 19 outbreak.
RCB has a number of replacements for players who are not returning. We are looking forward to seeing Sri Lankan Wanindu Hasaranga making his IPL debut for RCB. He is an excellent all-rounder who has impressed us over the last 12 months. He is joined by compatriot Dushmantha Chameera who replaces Daniel Sams. Garge Garton comes in for Kane Richardson and Tim David is in for Finn Allen.
Royal Challengers Bangalore Top Batters
|AB de Villiers|
RCB has quality throughout their batting lineup. Kohli is on 198 runs and these are all top players. Maxwell really impressed in the first half of the IPL. This batting lineup is good enough to win the trophy, in our opinion.
Royal Challengers Bangalore Top Bowlers
Kyle Jamieson has decided not to return to RCB this time. RCB have added well to replace him with quality T20 bowlers.
Royal Challengers Bangalore Last Match vs Chennai Super Kings
The last match was a defeat to Punjab where the run chase never got going. RCB has won when batting first every time but has a 50% win rate when chasing. The UAE pitches will make batting second harder as we saw in IPL 2020.
Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Match Prediction
Before the IPL stopped everyone would have predicted RCB to win this match. They are in better form and have better players. KKR has been below par so far. Moving the event to the UAE will have an impact on this but we still believe that RCB will have too much for KKR.
The players they have brought in have added to the squad depth and they still have plenty of quality across the squad. The best chance for KKR is to bat first!
Match prediction: RCB to win the match by over 20 runs/ 20 balls to spare
Predicted scores if batting first:
Dream 11 players to watch
- Glenn Maxwell
- Nitesh Rana
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Lucknow Super Giants v Chennai Super Kings Date: 31st March 2022 Stadium: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai Trends & Recent Form LSG and CSK meet for the first time and both lost their opening game. History points to CSK bouncing back here. We will look over the stats and the squads before making our match prediction. […]
- Match: Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kolkata Knight Riders Date: 30th Match 2022 Stadium: Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Navi Mumbai Trends & Recent Form Royal Challenges comes into the match looking for their first win of the IPL. KKR started well with a good win over last season’s champions – Chennai Super Kings. Here we […]
- Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Rajasthan Royals Date: 28th Match 2022 Stadium: Cricket Association Mumbai. Trends & Recent Form The teams predicted to be the bottom two go head to head in the first match and both will be looking to start with a win. For the third year in a row, Sunrisers are the favourites […]