- Match: Kent vs Warwickshire
- Date: August 27, 2021
- Start Time: 6:00pm
- Stadium: St Lawrence Ground
- Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Quarter Final
- Format: T20
Kent won by 21 runs
Kent vs Warwickshire Stats and Trends
- Played: 14
- Won: 9
- Lost: 4
- NRR: 0.6570
- Last 5 results: L, W, W, W, N
Kent qualified top in the southern league. They lost their last match but the top spot was already assured before the first ball was bowled.
They score 2055 runs which were the highest in the Southern League. They were outscored by 3 teams in the Northern league.
Kent won 3 matches in a row to secure 1st place before losing the last match. The 77 run win over Middlesex was a particular highlight.
Kent Top Batters
|Ollie Edward Robinson|
Bell-Drummond has now got the most runs with 339. It is a close battle with Crawly on 326 and Cox on 300. Bell-Drummond has the top score so far with 88 and has joint-most sixes with 14.
Kent Top Bowlers
Milnes is leading the way with 14 now and Klassen has moved on to 14. Klassen has the best economic rate at 8.51.
Kent Last Match vs Sussex
Sussex won by 4 wickets (with 17 balls remaining)
Kent’s form dipped here but they had already qualified. They just did not get going with the bat and only set a target of 131. Sussex only needed 17.1 overs to chase the score down, losing 6 wickets.
- Played: 14
- Won: 7
- Lost: 6
- NRR: 0.0060
- Last 5 results: W, W, L, L, W
Warwickshire (aka Birmingham Bears) made the quarter-finals finishing 4th in the table with 15 points. Their 0.006 net run rate was the closest to 0 in the Blast this year.
They won their last match against Northamptonshire by 14 runs to qualify.
Warwickshire Top Batters
Hain is now the top overall for the Bears with 393 runs and a high score of 83*. Haim is the 10th highest batsman so far but is 130 runs off top spot.
Rhodes and Pollock have both performed well getting 255 and 245 respectively. Braithwaite has the most sixes with 12.
Their records are not as high as other teams and this will affect them in the knockout stages.
Warwickshire Top Bowlers
Braithwaite leads the way with 18 wickets, he is probably the player of the tournament for the Bears as he is the 4th highest batter as well as the top bowler. Briggs and Miles have done okay although Miles’s economy rate could be better.
Warwickshire Last Match vs Northamptonshire
Warwickshire won by 14 runs
This was a good performance to get the win they needed to qualify. Will Rhodes was expensive with the ball but his 3 wickets impacted the match, as did his 32 runs.
Kent vs Warwickshire Match Prediction
This looks on paper an easy match to call. Kent is by far the stronger team and in the better form in this T20 match.
Predicted result: Kent to win comfortably.
Predicted scores (If batting first)
Birmingham Bears 150/8
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: West Indies vs India Date: August 6, 2022 Start Time: 2:30pm Stadium: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 4th T20I Format: T20I Result India won by 59 runs West Indies vs India Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies and India have headed to Florida for […]
- Ireland vs South Africa Prediction – August 5, 2022Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by 44 runs Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends Ireland Trends Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good […]
- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 16 runs Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends Netherlands Trends This match is being streamed on ICC.tv New Zealand is missing a couple of […]