Match: Match 1 – Pakistan Super League
Time: 7.30 pm India, 7.00 pm Pakistan.
Stadium: National Stadium, Karachi, Pakistan.
Last season: Winners
Last Season: Finished 5th of 6
Trends & Recent Form
Karachi Kings form
Stats taken from 2020 PSL tournament.
- Babar Azam has been retained after being the top score in the PSL 2020.
- Mohammad Hasnain was 2nd in the overall wickets league in 2020.
- The Kings failed to add any Platinum level players in the 2021 auction, they did add emerging player Qasim Akram who will be interesting to watch.
- Karachi finished the league stages 2nd with 5 wins from 1o and a -0.19 net run rate.
Quetta Gladiators form
- The Gladiators went big in the auction landing 2 platinum players with big-hitting veteran Chris Gayle and Englands Tom Banton joining the squad.
- They are currently the 4th favourite in the betting to win the PSL, which looks good value.
- Last year they finished 5th in the league with 4 wins from 10 and a net run rate of -0.772.
- Tom Banton average 1 catch per match last season whilst playing for Peshawar Zalmi.
Head to head stats
- Match 6 of 34 -QG won by 5 wickets (6 balls remaining)
- KK 156/9 (20)
- QG 157/5 (21)
- Match 34 of 34 – QG won by 5 wickets (22 balls remaining)
- KK 150/5 (20)
- QG 154/5 (16.2)
Match Prediction & Tips
This looks a great match to get the 2021 PSL underway. Last years champions will be in a confident mood. The game is set to take place with a 20% crowd.
Match Result: Quetta Gladiators to win 13/10*.
We were really surprised to see such value odds on the Gladiators to win this match.
Obviously the Kings were last years champions but as you can see from the Head to head records above the Gladiators beat them twice last season.
The Gladiators have added to the squad well with Chris Gayle coming in. Whilst he may be coming towards the end of his career he has recently shown he is still a very capable batsman in the Abu Dhabi T10 tournament.
Gayle is 10/1 to be the top tournament batsman.
Tom Banton is another batsman who performed well in the T10 tournament. He’s coming to the team with a good experience of T20 cricket after playing in the Big Bash, IPL & T10.
Banton is 18/1 to be the top tournament batsman.
- Tip 1: Gladiators most match sixes 1/1*
Gayle & Banton and evens to get the most sixes? Yes, please! They have the firepower for this one.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on tumblr
Share on reddit
Here are some other previews you may like