- Match: Ireland vs South Africa
- Date: August 5, 2022
- Start Time: 5:30pm
- Stadium: County Ground
- Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I
- Format: T20I
South Africa won by 44 runs
Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends
Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good account of themselves in the opening match losing by 21 runs – See the top performers below.
We were impressed with Ireland as they did well chasing a huge 211 to win. Unfortunately, the 3rd, 4th and 5th wickets fell too close together to prevent them from really getting some momentum going.
With de Kock and Der Dussen out early they were looked in a good position with the visitors at 45/2. However, they struggled to take more wickets with the third wicket not falling until 157 runs were on the board. Again they could have done with taking a couple more wickets at this point but some quick-fire runs took South Africa north of the 200 runs mark and it always looked like a daunting task for Ireland.
Prior to this series, Ireland lost to New Zealand 3-0 in a t20 series and 3-0 in an ODI series, although there is no shame in that for a team of Irelands level.
Ireland Last Match vs South Africa
South Africa won by 21 runs
If the result had been different then Lorcan Tucker would have been the player of the match. His 205 strike ate for a 78 was a top-quality knock. He should be proud of his performance and is a player to watch for your Dream 11 fantasy team for this match.
South Africa Trends
South Africa will be confident of clocking up another win here after their impressive performance with the bat in the first match. They were absolutely on fire for the last 5 overs and this helped build a score that was easy to defend. we did expect their bowlers to do better and pick of Ireland earlier but after a few early wickets, the result was never really in any doubt.
In their previous series, South Africa beat England 2-1 in a T20 series which was quite a surprise to the Cricketics stats team. We were excepting England to show their excellent white ball credentials but South Africa got the better of Jos Buttler’s England. This shows the quality they have and will be a good confidence builder going into the T20 World Cup later this year.
This is another match for some players to stake a claim for their places with some big scores and performances. We are expecting another top performance from South Africa here.
South Africa Last Match vs Ireland
South Africa won by 21 runs
Reeza Hendricks played an excellent and very sensible inning. The wickets were falling but he kept the board moving and at a good SR. Markhams, 56 was very impressive as was the explosive 24 in 11 balls from Stubbs. Pretoruous 21 from 9 made it an excellent end to their innings.
The bowlers really failed to cover themselves in glory with economy figures of 7 to 9. They should have taken more wickets and will need to offer a little more to get a better result if the betters do not perform.
Ireland vs South Africa Match Prediction
Ireland should take some credit from their first match performance as they put up a good fight against a dominant South Africa. If they win the toss Ireland could benefit from batting first and then defending a score.
Match prediction: South Africa to win
Predicted scores if batting first:
South Africa 200/7
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: West Indies vs India Date: August 6, 2022 Start Time: 2:30pm Stadium: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 4th T20I Format: T20I Result India won by 59 runs West Indies vs India Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies and India have headed to Florida for […]
- Ireland vs South Africa Prediction – August 5, 2022Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by 44 runs Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends Ireland Trends Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good […]
- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 16 runs Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends Netherlands Trends This match is being streamed on ICC.tv New Zealand is missing a couple of […]