- Match: Ireland vs South Africa
- Date: July 13, 2021
- Start Time: 9:45am
- Stadium: The Village
- Tournament: ICC Cricket World Cup Super League – 2020/2023 – 2nd ODI
- Format: ODI
Ireland won by 43 runs
- The last match was called off after rain. Ireland had face 40.5 overs and were 195/4.
- The weather for this match looks considerably with sun and clouds on the forecast with a high of 21 and just a 7% chance of rain all day. Looking at the radar prediction that’s a very small chance of a quick shower and should not impact the length of this match.
- Ireland was going along well before the weather changed with William Porterfield (63) and Andrew Balbirnie (65) both getting half-centuries. The run rate was not the highest but they were going at a good pace. Mark Adair had just come in and hit 2 sixes and was on 16 from 8 balls.
- This could have been hitting to get the run rate up knowing the rain was coming and the overs would be reduced.
“We’re pretty pleased with how it went with the bat after losing the toss – we’ll take confidence from it but it’s just a decent start to a long home summer. We didn’t win anything and the boys are keen to get back out on Tuesday and hopefully improve again even more”Andrew Balbirnie – speaking after the match was called off
South Africa trends
- South Africa won the toss and elected to bowl first. Thunder was in the distance as the match started and it looked like it would be a good match for the pace and swing bowlers.
- Kagiso Rabada was the top bowler with 2 wickets for 43 runs and 2 maidens. The Irish teams started slowly and built as the match went on.
- Tabraiz Shamsi was next best with 1 wicket for 45 runs in 8 overs. Andile Phehlukwayo also took 1 wicket for 39 runs and got a maiden – He bowled 7 overs.
Ireland vs South Africa Match Prediction
We have to look to South Africa to get a win here. Ireland had started well and could have posted a reasonable score but you would always expect this strong South African side to chase them down.
The South African bowling attack are capable of performing better than they did. If they perform to a higher level then Ireland could really struggle to post or chase a decent score. Ireland would be best suited to batting first again if they get the chance.
Ireland vs South Africa Stats
Player Stats this season
Top Batters This Season
|Rassie van der Dussen|
Top Bowlers This Season
Ireland Last Match vs South Africa
Ireland did not bowl against South Africa in this match.
South Africa Last Match vs Ireland
South Africa did not bat against Ireland in this match.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles – August 4, 2021 Predictions: Can Livingstone fire Phoenix to glory?Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Date: August 4, 2021 Start Time: 6:00pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match Format: 100-Ball Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Stats and Trends Birmingham Phoenix Trends Played: 2 Won: 1 Lost: 1 NRR: -1.5830 Last 5 results: L, W Birmingham Phoenix has now played 4 […]
- West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I West Indies vs Pakistan Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies can tie the series with a win. The current score is 1-0 after 2 matches have been washed […]
- London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball Result Northern Superchargers won by 63 runs London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Stats and Trends London Spirit Trends Played: 3 Won: 0 Lost: 2 NRR: -0.4540 Last 5 results: L, […]