Match: Sun Risers Hyderabad v Kolkata Knight Riders
Date: 11th March 2021
Time: 7.30 PM India
Stadium: MA Chidambaram Stadium
Trends & Recent Form
Both teams finished with 7 wins in the IPL 2020. Due to their net run rate Sunrishers finished 3rd and qualified while Kolkata finished 5th and missed out.
Sunrisers Hyderabad form
Position: 3rd of 8
2020 IPL Record:
- Played: 14
- Won: 7
- Lost: 7
- Net Run Rate: +0.608
Top Batsman: David Warner
- Total runs: 548
- Average: 39.14
- High score: 85*
Top Bowler: Rashid Khan
- Total wickets: 20
- Total overs: 64
- Economy: 5.37
- Best figures: 3/7
Latest stats and trends
- Hyderabad picked up Afgan spinner Mujeeb-ur-Rahman in the auction. He will make an excellent pairing with fellow Afgan Rashid Khan.
- They chose to retain most of their players and just bring 3 more in. They have a consistency about their side qualifying for the playoff in the last 5 consecutive years.
- Captain David Warner had been in excellent form in the Marsh Cup and Sheffield Sheild. We think he could be an outside pick for the top batsman of the tournament.
- We are predicting Sunrisers Hyderabad will finish 3rd in this years IPL.
Kolkata Knight Riders form
Position: 5th of 8
- Played: 4
- Won: 4
- Lost: 4
- Net Run Rate: 232
Top Batsman: Shubman Gill
- Total runs: 440
- Average: 33.84
- High score: 70*
Top Bowler: Varun Chakravarthy
- Total wickets: 17
- Total overs: 52
- Economy: 6.84
- Best figures: 5/20
Latest stats and trends
- Gurkeerat Singh Mann has been signed as a late replacement for the injured Rinku Singh who is out of the tournament with a knee injury.
- Mega buy in the 2020 auction, Pat Cummings struggled in last years IPL and has failed to live up to the price tag. This year we are expecting more of the same with not much bounce and movement expected from the pitches. This looks like a spinners year.
- This looks like a tough season for KKR. The middle order is strong but Gill needs support as the opener. The bowling attack does not look the strongest and they could go for some big scores.
- We are predicting they will finish 7th or 8th (Sorry KKR fans).
Head to head stats
- Match 8: KKR won by 7 wickets
- Match 35: KKR won in a super over
- Sunrisers = 7 wins
- Kolkata = 12 wins
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Sunrisers Hyderabad to win at 10/11*
Both teams are at the same odds here and we like the look of SRH this year. They have complimented the team well in the auction and build on last years team.
Kolkata seems to be doomed by their 15.5CR signing of Pat Cummings. We would not expect him to get much from this pitch as it is most likely going to turn rather than bounce. With 2 quality spinners in the SRH squad, they should get a comfortable win here.
- Pick 1: Rashid Kahn over 1.5 wickets 6/4
We all know the quality that Khan has in T20 cricket. We think odds of 6/4 for him to on with over 1.5 wickets represents good value. He is an incredible bowler and should be a solid pick for the top tournament bowler.
- Pick 2: Bairstow top SRH batsman 5/2
There’s stiff competition in this lineup for the top batsman. We’re going for Bairstow based on his recent performances for England on Indian wickets. He was scoring runs for fun and looked in fantastic form. The KKR bowlers will struggle to know what to do with him if he is in that knick with the bat again!
Dream 11 Selections
Here are some of our selections and player to watch for Dream 11 fantasy cricket.
- Captain: Rashid Khan
- Vice-captain: Jonny Bairstow
Players to watch:
- David Warner
- Subman Gill
We think this will be a comfortable win for Sunrisders Hyderabad.
11th March 2021 starting at 7.30 PM.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Rajasthan v Dehli Capitals IPL 2021 predictions & stats: Will DC be too much of a challenge for a spirited RR side?
Match: Rajasthan Royals v Dehli Capitals Date: 15th April 2021 Time: 7.30 PM India Stadium: Wankhede Stadium What you will find on this preview Royals
Sunrisers v Royal Challengers IPL 2021 Predictions & Stats: Can Harshal Patel continue his bowling mastery?
Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Royal Challengers Bangalore Date: 14th April 2021 Time: 7.30 PM India Stadium: https://cricketics.in/go/fun-88-home/ What you will find on this preview Sunrisers
Kolkata Night Riders v Mumbai Indians: IPL 2021 Match Prediction: Can Mumbai keep up their winning run against KKR?
Match: Kolkata Knight Riders v Mumbai Indians Date: 13th April 2021 Time: 7.30 PM India Stadium: MA Chidambaram Stadium What you will find on this