Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Dehli Capitals
Date: 25th of April 2021
Time: 7.30 PM India
Stadium: MA Chidambaram Stadium
Trends & Recent Form
Sunrisers Hyderabad form
Position: 5th of 8
- Played: 4
- Won: 1
- Lost: 3
- Net Run Rate: -0.228
Top Batsman: Jonny Bairstow
- Total runs: 173
- Average: 57.66
- High score: 63*
Top Bowler: Rashid Khan
- Total wickets: 5
- Total overs: 16
- Economy: 5.06
- Best figures: 2/18
Latest stats and trends
- The three defeats so far have all been close games with losses of 6 runs, 10 runs and 13 runs. SRH will be kicking themselves that they don’t have at least 3 wins so far.
- Rashid Khan is the most economical bowler in the IPL so far, of those who have bowled at least 10 overs. He is over 1 run an over better than anyone else. Watching it seems teams are happy to let him get his 4 out of the way and attack other bowlers instead.
- Bairstow has shown his quality during the England tour of India and has carried it on into the IPL. He will have a big part to play if SRH is to get a win here.
- After the last match, captain Warner singled out one young bowler for some praise “Abhishek is a young guy coming through, we asked him to bowl a lot more this season, and he did it.”
Dehli Capitals form
Position: 3rd of 8
- Played: 4
- Won: 3
- Lost: 1
- Net Run Rate: +0.426
Top Batsman: Shikhar Dhawan
- Total runs: 231
- Average: 57.75
- High score: 92
Top Bowler: Avesh Khan
- Total wickets: 8
- Total overs: 14
- Economy: 7.35
- Best figures: 3/22
Latest stats and trends
- After the last game captain, Rishban Pant said “What we’ve learnt is if you keep wickets in hand you can chase any target.” This seems to be the Capitals poly, don’t lose early wickets and then go for it later in the match.
- So far DC has won 3 matches, all when chasing. The only match they lost was when they batted first.
- SRH won both group matches over DC last year, but DC had the last laugh with a win in the qualifiers.
- Dhawan leads the batting this year with 231 runs, 55 ahead of second-placed Glenn Maxwell (after all have played 4 matches)
Head to head stats
2020 IPL results
- Match 11: SRH won by 15 runs
- Match 47: SRH won by 88 runs
- Match Qualifier 2: DC won by 17 runs
SRH = 11 wins
SC = 7 wins
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Sunrisers Hyderabad to win at 11/10*
This looks a closer game to us than the odds suggest. SRH has all the capabilities of winning this match. In form bowlers and Bairstow and Warner. We are happy to back them at the odds on offer.
- Pick 1: Top team batsman
- Warner 2/1*
- Bairstow 5/2*
- Dhawan 2/1*
Warner and Bairstow are the most likely by far in the SRH team. Covering both allows us to make a profit if either wins.
Dhawan has been the main man for the Cpatials and is the leading batsman in the IPL.
- Pick 2: Bairstow over 0.5 sixes 8/15*
Bairstow is in great form and has 10 sixes in 4 matches so far. This is shorter odds than we are used to backing but this cannot be ignored. We always like to back players and teams in form.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles – August 4, 2021 Predictions: Can Livingstone fire Phoenix to glory?
Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Date: August 4, 2021 Start Time: 7:00pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match Format: 100-Ball
West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?
Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I
London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!
Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball