Match: Punjab Kings v Sunrisers Hyderabad
Date: 21st of April 2021
Time: 7.30 PM India
Stadium: MA Chidambaram Stadium or Wankhede Stadium
Trends & Recent Form
The bottom two teams go off in a match that is tough to call!
Punjab Kings form
Position: 7th of 8
- Played: 3
- Won: 1
- Lost: 2
- Net Run Rate: -0.967
Top Batsman: KL Rahul
- Total runs: 157
- Average: 52.33
- High score: 91
Top Bowler: Arshdeep Singh
- Total wickets: 5
- Total overs: 9
- Economy: 7.11
- Best figures: 3/35
Latest stats and trends
- Punjab Kings only win came from a very good innings from KL Rahul in the first match. With the ball, they have been relatively poor letting the team chasing win with at least 1 over left.
- The bowlers have seen some really expensive overs with economy rates of over 10 commonplace. They will need to do considerably better here to have any chance of winning.
- Hooda has the most sixes with 8 so far from 3 innings. Chris Gayle has been quiet with just 3 sixes in his 3 innings.
- Big buy Jhye Richardson is struggling with 3 wickets in 11 overs at an economy rate of 10.63. His form reminds us of the struggles big buy Pat Cummings had last season.
Sunrisers Hyderabad form
Position: 8th of 8
- Played: 3
- Won: 0
- Lost: 3
- Net Run Rate: -0.483
Top Batsman: Jonny Bairstow
- Total runs: 110
- Average: 36.66
- High score: 55
Top Bowler: Rashid Khan
- Total wickets: 4
- Total overs: 12
- Economy: 5.33
- Best figures: 2/18
Latest stats and trends
- Rashid Khan is the top bowler for the team so far and we think he will have a good day against the Kings batting line ups.
- Sunrisers are yet to bat first in 3 matches.
- Bairstow and Warner have shown their class, despite losing, in the matches so far. They will have a big part to play in the rest of the group stages if SRH is to qualify.
- David Warner was disappointed to lose the last match and said “These scores are very chaseable, it’s just poor batting.”.
Head to head stats
2020 IPL results
- Match 22: Sunrisers won by 69 runs
- Match 43: Kings won by 12 runs
Punjab = 5 wins
Hyderabad = 11 wins
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Sunrisers Hyderabad to win at 1/1*
Although they have lost all 3 so far there are positive signs from SRH that they will win this one. They were very unlucky against Mumbai to lose after Bairstow stood on his wickets when in great form. With Warner and Bairstow opening they have the potential to put on a big score.
The bowling of PK has been below the standard required and SRH will be looking to exploit that.
- Pick 1: Warner player of the match 7/1
A top-level player who after the last match was fuming that they didn’t do better. He will be absolutely fired up for this match.
- Pick 2: Go to a super over 16/1
We’ve not seen one yet and we are due one. Will be worth backing this for a few games to see if any come in.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles – August 4, 2021 Predictions: Can Livingstone fire Phoenix to glory?
Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Date: August 4, 2021 Start Time: 6:00pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match Format: 100-Ball
West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?
Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I
London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!
Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball