Match: Punjab Kings v Sunrisers Hyderabad
Date: 21st of April 2021
Time: 7.30 PM India
Stadium: MA Chidambaram Stadium or Wankhede Stadium
Trends & Recent Form
The bottom two teams go off in a match that is tough to call!
Punjab Kings form
Position: 7th of 8
- Played: 3
- Won: 1
- Lost: 2
- Net Run Rate: -0.967
Top Batsman: KL Rahul
- Total runs: 157
- Average: 52.33
- High score: 91
Top Bowler: Arshdeep Singh
- Total wickets: 5
- Total overs: 9
- Economy: 7.11
- Best figures: 3/35
Latest stats and trends
- Punjab Kings only win came from a very good innings from KL Rahul in the first match. With the ball, they have been relatively poor letting the team chasing win with at least 1 over left.
- The bowlers have seen some really expensive overs with economy rates of over 10 commonplace. They will need to do considerably better here to have any chance of winning.
- Hooda has the most sixes with 8 so far from 3 innings. Chris Gayle has been quiet with just 3 sixes in his 3 innings.
- Big buy Jhye Richardson is struggling with 3 wickets in 11 overs at an economy rate of 10.63. His form reminds us of the struggles big buy Pat Cummings had last season.
Sunrisers Hyderabad form
Position: 8th of 8
- Played: 3
- Won: 0
- Lost: 3
- Net Run Rate: -0.483
Top Batsman: Jonny Bairstow
- Total runs: 110
- Average: 36.66
- High score: 55
Top Bowler: Rashid Khan
- Total wickets: 4
- Total overs: 12
- Economy: 5.33
- Best figures: 2/18
Latest stats and trends
- Rashid Khan is the top bowler for the team so far and we think he will have a good day against the Kings batting line ups.
- Sunrisers are yet to bat first in 3 matches.
- Bairstow and Warner have shown their class, despite losing, in the matches so far. They will have a big part to play in the rest of the group stages if SRH is to qualify.
- David Warner was disappointed to lose the last match and said “These scores are very chaseable, it’s just poor batting.”.
Head to head stats
2020 IPL results
- Match 22: Sunrisers won by 69 runs
- Match 43: Kings won by 12 runs
Punjab = 5 wins
Hyderabad = 11 wins
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Sunrisers Hyderabad to win at 1/1*
Although they have lost all 3 so far there are positive signs from SRH that they will win this one. They were very unlucky against Mumbai to lose after Bairstow stood on his wickets when in great form. With Warner and Bairstow opening they have the potential to put on a big score.
The bowling of PK has been below the standard required and SRH will be looking to exploit that.
- Pick 1: Warner player of the match 7/1
A top-level player who after the last match was fuming that they didn’t do better. He will be absolutely fired up for this match.
- Pick 2: Go to a super over 16/1
We’ve not seen one yet and we are due one. Will be worth backing this for a few games to see if any come in.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Netherlands v Scotland – 1st ODI Date: 19th May 2021 Stadium: Hazelaarweg Stadion, Rotterdam Trends & Recent Form After a long break from international
Match: Dark View Explorers v Salt Pond Breakers Tournament: Vinchy T10 Time: 11PM India Trends & Recent Form Dark View Explorers v Salt Pond Breakers
Match: Grenadines Divers v La Soufriere Hikers Date: 17th May 2021 Tournament: Vincy T10, Carribean Trends & Recent Form The next match in this quick-fire T10