Match: Punjab Kings v Chennai Super Kings
Date: 16th April 2021
Time: 7.30 PM India
Stadium: Wankhede Stadium
Trends & Recent Form
This is gearing up to be an IPL classic. Punjab Kings treated fans to some outstanding batting and were worthy winners against Rajasthan Royals. The Chennai Superkings were slightly unfortuanate against the Delhi Capitals.
We think itll once again be a close match and may well come down to the wire. What were sure of is some more thrilling batting performances.
Punjab Kings form
Position: 3 of 8
- Played: 1
- Won: 1
- Lost: 0
- Net Run Rate: +0.200
Top Batsman: KL Rahul
- Total runs: 91
- High score: 91
Top Bowler: Arshdeep Singh
- Total wickets: 3
- Total overs: 4
- Economy: 8.75
- Best figures: 3/35
Latest stats and trends
- Punjab hit 18 fours and 13 sixes against RR
- Deepak Hooda hit 64 from 28 balls acheiving a strike rate of 228.57
- Punjab hit 46 runs in their powerplay losing just 1 wicket.
Chennai Super Kings form
Position: 8 of 8
- Played: 1
- Won: 0
- Lost: 1
- Net Run Rate: -0.779
Top Batsman: Suresh Raina
- Total runs: 54
- High score: 54
Top Bowler: Shardul Thakur
- Total wickets: 2
- Total overs: 3.4
- Economy: 14.5
- Best figures: 2/53
Latest stats and trends
- CSK has started the 2021 IPL in the same poor form as the 2020 IPL.
- They recovered from 7/2 to make a respectable 188 against the Dehli Capitals in their last match. They still lost with 8 balls remaining.
- With the ball, they struggled to take wickets. Deepak Chahar, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran and Shardul Thakur all had an economy of over 9.
- Suresh Raina moved to 3rd in the all-time list for ’50s with his 54. He is level with Kohli and Sharma and behind Dhawan and Warner.
- After the match, MS Dhoni raise concerns about teams batting first with the 7.30 start time. He said, “7.30 start means the opposition will have less amount of dew and we have to score those 15-20 runs extra.”
Head to head stats
- Match 18: Chennai won by 10 wickets
- Match 53: Chennai won by 9 wickets
- Punjab Kings = 9 wins
- Chennai Super Kings = 14 wins
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Punjab Kings to win at 1.80*
CSK werent at the races against DC, whereas the Punjab Kings were on fire in their opening match. KL Rahul was backed up with some big scores and when that happens any team will be in with a chance of winning. Were backing Punjab to win this one.
- Pick 1: KL Rahul top team batsman, odds 2.87
Maybe an obvious pick, nevertheless a huge 91 from 50 balls, including 7 fours and 5 sixes, were backing him to produce the goods once again.
- Pick 2: Sam Curran over 0.5 wickets, odds 1.66
This looks like a really good value bet. Curran is more than capable of taking a wicket. He only bowled a couple of overs in his last match for CSK. At 1.66 its well worth a punt.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles – August 4, 2021 Predictions: Can Livingstone fire Phoenix to glory?
Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Date: August 4, 2021 Start Time: 6:00pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match Format: 100-Ball
West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?
Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I
London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!
Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball