Match: Punjab Kings v Mumbai Indians
Date: 23rd of April 2021
Time: 7.30 PM India
Stadium: MA Chidambaram Stadium
Trends & Recent Form
This match pitches two teams with great players in poor form. The odds make the Indians the strong favourites but the Cricketics team has been unimpressed with them so far.
Punjab Kings form
Position: 8th of 8
- Played: 4
- Won: 1
- Lost: 3
- Net Run Rate: -0.824
Top Batsman: KL Rahul
- Total runs: 161
- Average: 40.25
- High score: 91
Top Bowler: Arshdeep Singh
- Total wickets: 5
- Total overs: 12.4
- Economy: 7.50
- Best figures: 3/35
Latest stats and trends
- PK started the IPL well with a good win over the Royals scoring 221 runs with KL Rahul getting 95.
- They struggled in the second match, against CSK, and only managed to get 120 runs. Their form is very up and down with good scores always followed by a poor score.
- In 4 match so far PK has batted first in every match.
- Rahul was in a reflective mood after the match saying “A few batsmen got set and couldn’t get those 30s-40s that could get us through. Hopefully, we learn from this mistake, we have a game in a few days, hopefully, we come and win.”
Mumbai Indians form
Position: 4th of 8
- Played: 4
- Won: 2
- Lost: 2
- Net Run Rate: +0.187
Top Batsman: Rohit Sharma
- Total runs: 138
- Average: 34.50
- High score: 44
Top Bowler: Rahul Chahar
- Total wickets: 8
- Total overs: 16
- Economy: 7.37
- Best figures: 4/27
Latest stats and trends
- Mumbai Indians top score so far is 159, they average 135-150, which is not good enough at this level.
- Ishan Kishan has been slowing things down with a strike rate of just 94.36, compared to his 145.76 in IPL 2020.
- Watching the Indians there just seems to be something missing from the team we saw last year. They were very impressive and have almost the same team this year but something isn’t quite happening for them.
Head to head stats
2020 IPL results
- Match 13: MI won by 48 runs
- Match 36: PK won in an eliminator
Punjab Kings = 12 wins
Mumbai Indians = 14 wins
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Punjab Kings to win at 6/4*
The Kings have been very up and down so far, but they have posted some good scores when they have got in. The Mumbai Indians have struggled to post any major scores so far so will be reliant on their bowlers. The quicker bowlers have been less effective on the pitches so far and this leads us to a Kings win.
With Mumbai’s current form we cannot see a reason to back them at 8/13* in this match.
- Pick 1: Rohit Sharma over 2.5 fours 1/1*
Rohit is very capable of getting this. We were surprised to see such odds on offer for this line.
- Pick 2: Under 22.5 runs at the fall of the first wicket 10/11*
This has landed for each team in 5 of their 8 innings batting so far.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: India vs Pakistan Date: October 24, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021 –
Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders Prediction – October 15, 2021: Who will win the IPL final!
Match: Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders Date: October 15, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League –
Match: Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders Date: October 13, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Sharjah Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 –