Match: Mumbai Indians v Chennai Super Kings
Date: 1st of May 2021
Time: 7.30 PM India
Stadium:Feroz Shah Kotla
Trends & Recent Form
This looks like a very interesting match with high lying CSK taking on the rejuvenated Mumbai Indians.
Mumbai Indians form
Position: 4th of 8
- Played: 4
- Won: 4
- Lost: 4
- Net Run Rate: 232
Top Batsman: Rohit Sharma
- Total runs: 215
- Average: 35.83
- High score: 63
Top Bowler: Rahul Chahar
- Total wickets: 11
- Total overs: 24
- Economy: 7.08
- Best figures: 4/27
Latest stats and trends
- Mumbai Indians finally scored over 150 in an inning in the last match chasing down 171. de Kock’s 70 not out from 50 balls set the right tone for the innings.
- Mumbai has moved up to 4th in the table. They are more there as the best of the rest, they seem a way from the from of DC, RCB & CSK.
- Rohit Sharma has the msit sixes for Mumbai with 10 so far in 6 innings.
- Yadav leads the way on fours with 22 from 6 innings.
Chennai Super Kings form
Position: 1st of 8
- Played: 6
- Won: 5
- Lost: 1
- Net Run Rate: +1.475
Top Batsman: Faf du Plessis
- Total runs: 270
- Average: 67.5
- High score: 95*
Top Bowler: Deepak Chahar
- Total wickets: 8
- Total overs: 20
- Economy: 7.80
- Best figures: 4/13
Latest stats and trends
- CSK is the form team in the IPL with 5 wins in a row since losing the first match.
- This is the 7th longest winning run in IPL history. Another win here will take them to joint 4th. The longest run is 10 by KKR.
- CSK seem to excel regardless of if they are batting first or second.
- After the win agsinst SRH Dhoni was pleased with the batting, saying “The batting performance was superb, but that doesn’t mean the bowling was not good. It was a surprisingly good Delhi wicket, there was no dew. Brilliant opening partnership.”
Head to head stats
2020 IPL results
- Match 1: CSK won by 5 wickets
- Match 41: MI won by 10 wickets
MI = 18 wins
CSK = 12 wins
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Chennai Super Kings to win at 6/5*
Why are Mumbai the favourites here? We cannot see a reason. We would have expected to see the odds the other way around. CSK has won 5 in a row and look comfortable chasing anything.
They have a well-balanced team and will be full of confidence. Whilst Mumbai got a win last time we would not describe them as a form team.
- Pick 1: Super Kings highest opening partnership 1.85
These odds look good to us, with the form of CSK’s openers.
- Pick 2: Under 335.5 total match runs 1.83
Mumbai Indians have not been scoring well and the unders line here is the best option.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Netherlands v Scotland – 1st ODI Date: 19th May 2021 Stadium: Hazelaarweg Stadion, Rotterdam Trends & Recent Form After a long break from international
Match: Dark View Explorers v Salt Pond Breakers Tournament: Vinchy T10 Time: 11PM India Trends & Recent Form Dark View Explorers v Salt Pond Breakers
Match: Grenadines Divers v La Soufriere Hikers Date: 17th May 2021 Tournament: Vincy T10, Carribean Trends & Recent Form The next match in this quick-fire T10