Date: 3rd of May 2021
Time: 7.30 PM India
Stadium: MA Chidambaram Stadium or Wankhede Stadium
Trends & Recent Form
KKR v RCB marks the halfway point in this years IPL tournament. After a fantastic start, the Royal Challengers have suffered a blip in consistency, losing 2 of their previous 3 matches. The KKR have been poor, picking up just two victories so far. A run of losses does nothing for confidence and we think the Knight Riders may well struggle against the Challengers.
Position: 6 of 8
- Played: 7
- Won: 2
- Lost: 5
- Net Run Rate: -0.494
Top Batsman: Nitish Rana
- Total runs: 201
- Average: 28.71
- High score: 80
Top Bowler: Pat Cummins
- Total wickets: 9
- Total overs: 26
- Economy: 8.83
- Best figures: 3/24
Latest stats and trends
- KKR need to up their average runs figures, well below their opposition.
- Rana, Tripathi and Gill need their fellow teammates to step up with the bat.
- Pat Cummins has the KKR best batting strike rate at 166.07, with Andre Russell second on 155.23. Both players are posting decent bowling figures too.
Position: 3 of 8
- Played: 7
- Won: 5
- Lost: 2
- Net Run Rate: -0.171
Top Batsman: Glenn Maxwell
- Total runs: 223
- Average: 37.16
- High score: 78
Top Bowler: Harshal Patel
- Total wickets: 17
- Total overs: 28
- Economy: 9.17
- Best figures: 5/27
Latest stats and trends
- Devdutt Padikkal is on fire. A high score of 101 and an average of 39.00. He’s smashed 22 fours and 9 sixes.
- Harshal Patel has the IPL21 second highest bowling strike rate at 9.88
- Patel also leads the way with the highest number of wickets taken; currently at 17
Head to head stats
2020 IPL results
- Match 28: RCB won by 82 runs
- Match 39: RCB won by 8 wickets
KKR = 14 wins
RCB = 13 wins
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: RCB to win at 1.66*
It is no real surprise that the betting sites have RCB down as winners of this match. We agree with them and can see KKR struggling against a team with real strength and depth.
- Pick 1: Nitish Rana to score over 21.5 runs, odds 1.83
Rana has shown his expertise with the bat, notching up a huge run total so far. At these odds, we can see a decent return.
- Pick 2: Most match sixes, RCB, odds 2.05
An attractive pick at some good odds. RCB have so far scored 43 sixes in 7 matches.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles – August 4, 2021 Predictions: Can Livingstone fire Phoenix to glory?
Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Date: August 4, 2021 Start Time: 6:00pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match Format: 100-Ball
West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?
Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I
London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!
Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball