Match: chennai Super Kings v Sun Risers Hyderabad
Date: 28th of April 2021
Time: 7.30 PM India
Stadium: Feroz Shah Kotla
Trends & Recent Form
Chennai Super Kings form
Position: 1st of 8
- Played: 5
- Won: 4
- Lost: 1
- Net Run Rate: +1.612
Top Batsman: Faf du Plessis
- Total runs: 214
- Average: 71.33
- High score: 95*
Top Bowler: Deepak Chahar
- Total wickets: 8
- Total overs: 17
- Economy: 7.94
- Best figures: 4/13
Latest stats and trends
- CSK has now won their last 4 matches in a row after losing the first match to Dehli Capitals.
- They have batted 1st on 4 occasions and scored at least 188 each time, top-scoring with 220/3 against KKR.
- In the 4 wins, they have taken an average of 9.25 wickets which has been crucial in keeping the opposition scores down.
- The wicket has been well spread out across the bowlers with Curran, Ali, Jadeja and Thakur all taking at least 4 wickets so far.
- Chahar, Curran and Jadeja are all in the top 10 for the most dot balls in the 2021 IPL.
- Jadeja has the best strike rate currently with a score of 192 after clocking up 102 runs in 52 balls.
Sunrisers Hyderabad form
Position: 8th of 8
- Played: 5
- Won: 1
- Lost: 4
- Net Run Rate: -0.180
Top Batsman: Jonny Bairstow
- Total runs: 211
- Average: 52.75
- High score: 63*
Top Bowler: Rashid Khan
- Total wickets: 6
- Total overs: 20
- Economy: 5.60
- Best figures: 2/18
Latest stats and trends
- SRH has a net run rate of just -0.180 which shows just how close their losses have been.
- They lost their last match in a super over by 1 run. We thought they should have sent Bairstow out to bat for the over rather than Williamson.
- In 5 matches SRH has always batted second and just fallen short of the target. They have lost by 13 runs at the highest.
- Captian David Warner seemed annoyed with the selectors after the match saying “Vijay is not one of our strike bowlers, but he was fantastic. Johnny at the top and Kane batted deep but… It’s on the selectors. Harsh call to drop Manish Pandey.”
Head to head stats
2020 IPL results
- Match 14: SRH won by 7 runs
- Match 29: CSK won by 20 runs
CSK = 10 wins
SRH = 4 wins
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Sunrisers Hyderabad to win at 11/10*
SRH has been really close to wins in all their matches and they have all the firepower to win here. They have been so close to winning that their 8th place seems unfair to them. A little more luck and they would have 3 or 4 wins and be sitting in the knock out places.
- Pick 1: Baristow top team batsman 5/2
Bairstow’s form is noticeable and he will have a point to prove here, after being overlooked for the super over. Hopefully, we can see SRH bat first and see Warner and Bairstow really go after the CSK bowlers.
- Pick 2: A century in the match 8/1
With the batting on offer, we think there’s a good chance of Warner/ Bairstow or Faf getting a century in the match.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Lucknow Super Giants v Chennai Super Kings Date: 31st March 2022 Stadium: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai Trends & Recent Form LSG and CSK meet for the first time and both
Match: Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kolkata Knight Riders Date: 30th Match 2022 Stadium: Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Navi Mumbai Trends & Recent Form Royal Challenges comes into the match
Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Rajasthan Royals Date: 28th Match 2022 Stadium: Cricket Association Mumbai. Trends & Recent Form The teams predicted to be the bottom two go head to head