Match: Chennai Super Kings v Royal Challengers
Date: 25th of April 2021
Time: 3.30 PM India
Stadium: Wankhede Stadium
Trends & Recent Form
What a game we have in store here! The top 2 in the group stages go head to head. RCB will be looking to build on a fantastic start, while CSK looks back to their best after the disaster that was IPL 2020!
Chennai Super Kings form
Position: 2nd of 8
- Played: 4
- Won: 3
- Lost: 1
- Net Run Rate: +1.142
Top Batsman: Faf
- Total runs: 164
- Average: 82
- High score: 95*
- Total wickets: 8
- Total overs: 15
- Economy: 7.33
- Best figures: 4/13
Latest stats and trends
- CSK has the upper hand over RCB winning 7 of the last 9 matches between the two teams. Last season CSK was in poor form but still managed 1 win and 1 loss when playing against RCB.
- CSK’s bowlers have struggled to take wickets with no bowler being prolific. They have taken 3 and 4 wickets in two of the matches. If that happens here then RCB will put on a very big score.
- Moeen Ali has been playing well scoring runs and taking wickets. In their last match, he knocked 25 off 12 balls and took 3/7 – great for a part-time bowler.
Royal Challengers Bangalore form
Position: 1st of 8
- Played: 4
- Won: 4
- Lost: 0
- Net Run Rate: +1.009
Top Batsman: Glenn Maxwell
- Total runs: 176
- Average: 58.66
- High score: 78
- Total wickets: 12
- Total overs: 16
- Economy: 7.25
- Best figures: 5/27
Latest stats and trends
- The whole Cricketics team has been impressed with RCb this year, they seem to have everything right across the squad – could this be the year Kohli finally wins the IPL? We think it’s the best chance they have had.
- In their last match, against the Royals, they chased down 180 to win without losing a wicket. Kohli didn’t even get to bat! Overall the batting of RCB has been exceptional and the depth the lineup has is very impressive.
- Glenn Maxwell is the top batsman for RCB. He was the subject of a bidding war between these 2 teams at the 2021 auction, eventually going to RCB for 14.24 Crore. He has certainly lived up to the price tag!
Head to head stats
2020 IPL results
- Match 25: RCB won by 37 runs
- Match 44: CSK won by 8 wickets
CSK = 16 wins
RCB = 9 wins
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Royal Challengers Bangalore to win at 8/11*
We cannot ignore the form of RCB here, even at odds on. They have been so impressive and with their batting line up against CSK’s bowling line up, we could see some big runs being scored – especially if they bat first.
- Pick 1: De Villiers over 24.5 runs 5/6*
ABD has 125 runs in 4 innings so far and looks very confident when he’s in. As we’ve mentioned we don’t fancy the CSK bowling too much and can see RCB putting on a big score.
- Pick 2: Most match sixes – Maxwell 9/1 & Curran 12/1
We’re taking 2 picks here looking for a player further down the order who may need to hit out to get runs. We’ve seen from Maxell and recently from Curran that they are capable of smashing it around when needed.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Netherlands v Scotland – 1st ODI Date: 19th May 2021 Stadium: Hazelaarweg Stadion, Rotterdam Trends & Recent Form After a long break from international
Match: Dark View Explorers v Salt Pond Breakers Tournament: Vinchy T10 Time: 11PM India Trends & Recent Form Dark View Explorers v Salt Pond Breakers
Match: Grenadines Divers v La Soufriere Hikers Date: 17th May 2021 Tournament: Vincy T10, Carribean Trends & Recent Form The next match in this quick-fire T10