Match: Chennai Super Kings v Dehli Capitals
Date: 10th April 2021
Time: 7.30 PM India
Stadium: Wankhede Stadium
Trends & Recent Form
We like the look of the Dehli Capitals squad this year and think they will go well. The Super Kings are usually a good team in the IPL but they were below their usual standard in 2020 finishing 7th.
Chennai Super Kings form
Position: 7th of 8
- Played: 14
- Won: 6
- Lost: 8
- Net Run Rate: -0.455
Top Batsman: Faf du Plessis
- Total runs: 449
- Average: 40.81
- High score: 87*
Top Bowler: Sam Curran
- Total wickets: 13
- Total overs: 42
- Economy: 8.19
- Best figures: 3/19
Latest stats and trends
- Chennai captain MS Dhoni has not played in a competitive cricket match since the IPL 2020 in November.
- Off-spinner Krishanappa Gowtham was CSK’s most expensive buy in the 2021 auction, costing 9.25 crore.
- Suresh Renia has been talking up the appointment of Rishban Pant as the Dehli Capitals captain for the IPL 2021.
- Cheteshwar Pujara has looked in good form coming into the IPL and has been seen smashing sixes for fun in the nets leading to talk of the possibility of him hitting a 40 ball century!
Dehli Capitals form
Position: 2nd of 8
- Played: 14
- Won: 8
- Lost: 6
- Net Run Rate: -0.109
Top Batsman: Shikar Dhawan
- Total runs: 618
- Average: 44.14
- High score: 106*
Top Bowler: Kagiso Rabada
- Total wickets: 30
- Total overs: 65.4
- Economy: 8.34
- Best figures: 4/24
Latest stats and trends
- Captain Shreyas Iyer has been ruled out of the whole tournament after picking up an injury in the India v England T20 series.
- Indian Rishban Pant will step in as the captain for 2021, we think that is an excellent choice for the team. He says to has always been a dream to captain the team.
- DC spent their budget wisely in the auction adding Tom Curran, Steve Smith, Sam Billings and Umesh Yadav all between 1cr and 5.23cr. They did not get in any bidding wars and get Smith for 2.2cr which looks like excellent business.
Head to head stats
- Match 7: Dehli won by 44 runs
- Match 34: Dehli won by 5 wickets
- Chennai Super Kings = 15 wins
- Dehli Capitals = 8 wins
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Dehli Capitals to win at 8/11*
The Dehli Capitals performed really well last year and have bought well in the auction. They are our team to watch this year and we are expecting big things from them.
They are the favourites for this match and after winning both the head to head matches last year will be looking to get off to a winning start.
- Pick 1: Sam Curran over 0.5 wickets 4/5
Currans record reads 23 matches, 23 wickets. He’s a player who has improved over the last 12 months and will be up against his brother who has just signed for Dehli.
- Pick 2: Ngidi top CSK bowler 3/1
Ngidi could be an important player for CSK this year. He has an excellent record of taking wickets in the IPL and when he is on it he’s an excellent wicket taker.
Dream 11 Selections
Captain: Rishabh PantThe new captain will have a point to prove. His recent T20 form is excellent and he’s our selection for the Dream 11 captains role.
Vice Captain: Marcus StoinisStonis is a phenomenal IPL player. We are expecting him to bat further up the order for the Capitals again this year, more as a batsman who bowls a little, rather than a bowler who bats a little. Dream 11 players to watch:
- Sam Curran
- Robin Uthappa
- du Plessis
- Kagiso Rabada
- Chris Woakes
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Rajasthan v Dehli Capitals IPL 2021 predictions & stats: Will DC be too much of a challenge for a spirited RR side?
Match: Rajasthan Royals v Dehli Capitals Date: 15th April 2021 Time: 7.30 PM India Stadium: Wankhede Stadium What you will find on this preview Royals
Sunrisers v Royal Challengers IPL 2021 Predictions & Stats: Can Harshal Patel continue his bowling mastery?
Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Royal Challengers Bangalore Date: 14th April 2021 Time: 7.30 PM India Stadium: https://cricketics.in/go/fun-88-home/ What you will find on this preview Sunrisers
Kolkata Night Riders v Mumbai Indians: IPL 2021 Match Prediction: Can Mumbai keep up their winning run against KKR?
Match: Kolkata Knight Riders v Mumbai Indians Date: 13th April 2021 Time: 7.30 PM India Stadium: MA Chidambaram Stadium What you will find on this