- Match: India vs Pakistan
- Date: October 24, 2021
- Start Time: 2:00pm
- Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium
- Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021 – 16th Match
- Format: T20I
Pakistan won by 10 wickets (with 13 balls remaining)
India vs Pakistan Stats and Trends
India looks ready to go for the T20 World Cup after 2 very good wins in the warm-up matches. They have players in good form and are the Cricketics teams favourites to win. England is the other team we see as close to India.
India is the favourite to win this match at odds on. They are the current favourites to win the T20 World Cup overall too, followed by England. The odds are close between England and India and will change as the matches go.
India has beaten Pakistan in all T20 and ODI World Cup matches in history. They have the benefit of all the top Indian players playing in the IPL and being used to the UAE pitches.
Kohli captains the team before standing down after the tournament. He will be looking to end his captaincy with the trophy. His form in the UAE had been a little on and off so he will be under some pressure in this match.
KL Rahul has been electric in the IPL finishing 3rd in the top batsman list despite not playing in the knockout stages. He will be the key player for India opening with Sharma and will be sure to keep the runs going.
In their last warm-up match, India scored an excellent victory over Australia. This was a real confidence boost and means they won their 2 warm-up matches, although this game will be a more intense affair.
Australia batted first and put on 152/5. India did have Australia at 11/3 but Steve Smith, Glenn Maxell and Marcus Stonis put on some excellent runs for the middle order pushing the total on to a more respectable score. Kumar bowled well with 2/27 as did Chahar with 0/17 – an excellent economic rate.
KL Rahul put on 29 and Sharma 60. At this time the result was never in doubt and India cruised to the win. Ishan Kishan did not get in to bat but his form in the previous warm-up march was excellent.
Pakistan needs to get off to a good win in order to boost their chances as this is a tough group. Captain Babar Azam is one of the top T20 batsmen in the world and taking his wicket will be crucial to India’s chances. They have other players who can do damage with the bat but none at the level of Azam if he gets in.
Pakistan failed to qualify for the knockout stages in the 2016 T20 World Cup. They did win the 2009 event. This group will be a big challenge for the team and starting with a win is crucial. Afghanistan is also in the group and they have been going well in the warm-up matches.
After some discussion, the Cricketics team thinks that Pakistan will fail to qualify for the knockout stages this year.
Pakistan is 6th in the betting to win the World Cup at 6/1. Their chances are not highly rated but we have seen some pundits list them as a dark horse in the winners market. We think South Africa to make the final would be a better consideration for the dark horse title.
Azam leads the betting for the top team batsman followed very closely by Rizwan. Both would be a good bet in our opinion.
It is with the ball the we think Pakistan will not be strong enough.
In their last warm-up match, Pakistan lost to South Africa in a very poor display. South Africa got the win hitting an astonishing 22 off the last over. Pakistan did well with the bat, recovering from seeing Azam clean bowled in the power play. They set South Africa 183 to win.
With South Africa at 2/15, there should have been only one winner. Then Van Der Dussen got in and smashed an unbeaten 101 off just 51 balls.
India vs Pakistan Match Prediction
As Indan cricket fans it is no suprise the team has backed India to get an opening match win over arch rivals, Pakistan. In the worm up matches India has perfromed very well and Pakistan has struggled. If Pakistan do not perfrom with the ball Inida will have the power in the top order to blow them away and leave them without a chance. Azam and Rizwan could pose India problems and these are the 2 key wickets for India to take.
Predicted result: India to win, by a large margin
Predicted score if batting first:
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: West Indies vs India Date: August 6, 2022 Start Time: 2:30pm Stadium: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 4th T20I Format: T20I Result India won by 59 runs West Indies vs India Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies and India have headed to Florida for … Read more
- Ireland vs South Africa Prediction – August 5, 2022Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by 44 runs Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends Ireland Trends Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good … Read more
- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 16 runs Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends Netherlands Trends This match is being streamed on ICC.tv New Zealand is missing a couple of … Read more