- Match: India vs Afghanistan
- Date: November 3, 2021
- Start Time: 2:00pm
- Stadium: Sheikh Zayed Stadium
- Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021 – 33rd Match
- Format: T20I
India won by 66 runs
India vs Afghanistan Stats and Trends
India is currently 5th in the table with 2 defeats from 2 matches. This is a must-win match for Idia or their T20 World Cup hopes are over baring a miracle. This will be a tough match with Afghanistan in good form so far with 2 wins from 3 matches.
Based on how qualification looks it will be a shoot our between India, New Zealand and Afghanistan for the second qualifying place. It is obvious that Pakistan will qualify top of the group now.
If India beat Afghanistan then New Zealand beat Afghanistan then it will come down to the net run rate. At the time of writing India’s is -1.609 and New Zealand is +0.765. India could do with a comprehensive victory here.
India is the strong favourites in the betting for this match despite Afghanistan having a better record so far. The class of India is expected to come through in the 20 overs. We do feel there is no value in backing India to win here at the prices that are being quoted from most betting sites.
India Last Match vs New Zealand
New Zealand won by 8 wickets (with 33 balls remaining)
This was another bruising loss for Indian cricket. It is difficult to see any positives from this. India changed the top order up but still struggled for runs batting first. India was at 48/4 after 7.4 overs. It was down to Pandya, 23, and Jadeja, 26 to rescue the innings. Kohli, 9 runs, and Kishan, 4 runs, disappointed the most. Both were close to a 50% strike rate which is not good enough.
New Zealand picked off the runs effortlessly. They lost just 2 wickets and had 33 balls to spare. We know in the UAE that batting second carries an advantage but New Zealand just looked like the better team. Only Jasprit Bumrah came ut with any credit taking 2/19 from 4 overs. Chakravarthy did okay with an economy rate of 5.75 but did not take any wickets.
The Cricketics team has been very impressed with Afghanistan so far. They have set their NRR up nicely with thumping wins over Scotland and Namibia.
They have 1 loss so far with was the last match against Pakistan. This was the closest any team has got to beating Pakistan and had they batted second they could have turned that into a win.
Hazratullah Zazai tends to struggle agsint the quicker bolwers so could be one to avoid in the top batsman betting here.
Afghanistan Last Match vs Pakistan
Pakistan won by 5 wickets (with 6 balls remaining)
|Naveen ul Haq|
This was a great match to watch and other than the fireworks for Asif Ali this should have been an Afghanistan win. When Khan got Azam on 122/4 after 17 overs this looked to be swinging Agfhanistans way. Ali then came in and smoked 4 sixes in the 19th over to win the match. He got 25 runs from 7 balls!
Afghanistan won the toss and surprisingly decided to bat first, as they seem to prefer. At 39/4 they were not going well and it looked like Pakistan would get another big win. Huge credit goes to captain Nabi and Naib who both got 35 runs and a good strike rate. They batted out the last 7 overs together and built the score to 147/6.
Rashid Khan was as effective as ever with 2/26 from his 4 overs. Afghanistan’s bowlers did a good job of limiting the runs and keeping the pressure on. Azam did put on 51 before Khan bowled him with a wrong un, but it was for 47 balls. With an earlier wicket of Ali, or some better bowing in the 19th over this could have been a win. This will give them some confidence going into this match with India.
India vs Afghanistan Match Prediction
This is such an important match for both teams. A win for India gives them a chance of qualifying still. A win for Afghanistan would set them up for a chance to beat New Zealand to qualify. The southpaw of Pant should be able to counteract the spin of Khan depending on when he is in and when Khan bowls.
Winning the toss here will be absolutely crucial. 67% of teams win in the UAE batting second. Afghanistan has a tendency to bat first when they win the toss so it could be India batting second regardless, this will give them a big chance in the match.
So far on this ground, the first innings scores have been low, averaging around 130 runs. The wickets have seen a lot of cricket and are starting to deteriorate with will improve the wicket-taking prowess of the spinners. This is a closer encounter than the betting odds are making out.
Predicted result: India to win if they bat second!
Predicted scores if batting first:
Best offer for the match:
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: West Indies vs India Date: August 6, 2022 Start Time: 2:30pm Stadium: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 4th T20I Format: T20I Result India won by 59 runs West Indies vs India Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies and India have headed to Florida for […]
- Ireland vs South Africa Prediction – August 5, 2022Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by 44 runs Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends Ireland Trends Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good […]
- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 16 runs Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends Netherlands Trends This match is being streamed on ICC.tv New Zealand is missing a couple of […]