Match: India v England 3rd ODI (current score 1-1)
Date: 28th March 2021
Time: 9 am India
Stadium: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium
Trends & Recent Form
What a match we have in store here. India was triumphant after the first match and looked to be in a strong position in the second. That was until Bairstow and Stokes showed the whole of India the firepower that they have!
This should be a spectacle of one day cricket!
India ODI form
- India looked to have a clear game plan in the last 2 matches. They tried not to lose early wickets and build a score at a reasonable rate for the first 40 overs and then go for it in the last 10 overs. Based on the pitch last time they really should have got more than 336. Their almost conservative approach cost them the game here.
- At times the Indian bowlers did not know how to handle the hitting of Stokes and Bairstow. Kohli needs to be more decisive in changing the bowling in the next match rather than saving bowlers to the end. Breaking the partnerships is key.
- KL Rahul was back in form with an excellent 108 from 114 balls. Rishban Pant hit 77 off 44 and Virat Kohli also got a half-century – 77 off 40.
- Prasidh Krishna was the best bowler ending with figures of 2/58 from 10. Krunal Pandya had a day to forget with 0/72 from just 6 overs, an economy rate of 12!
England ODI form
(Written by Matt- head of English cricket who was on top of the world watching today’s match!)
- England was on fire with the bat today and Stokes and Bairstow showed why they’re 2 of the top players in world cricket. With more luck in the first ODI Bairstow could have got back to back centuries and he is the player to stop in this match.
- Ben Stokes fell 1 run short of his century – This would have been the 3rd quicker century in ODI history for England.
- The performance of Reece Topley was also encouraging – he’s a blower with plenty of tricks. He will be key in the 3rd ODI if England is to win the match.
- There is a trend for England openers putting on more than 100 runs for the first wicket. This is something we will look at in our betting picks.
Head to head stats
- 23/3/21 – India win by 66 runs
- India 317/5 (50)
- England 251 (42.1)
- 26/3/21 – England win by 6 wickets (36 balls remaining)
- India 336/6 (50)
- England 337/4 (43.3)
Match Prediction & Tips
The team can not call this one, Arjun thinks it’s an India win and Matt thinks England will “thump them”.
The odds have swung more towards England after the last match but India is still the bookmaker’s favourites with every site.
After a heated discussion between the team here is our match prediction (sorry).
Match Prediction: England to win at 11/10.
The odds here were too good to be ignored. Bairstow looks to be in the form of his life, at times it almost looked too easy for him. With the arsenal that England has with the bat, we could see a match with a lot of runs scored. It will be interesting to see how the match goes if England gets to bat first for the first time in this ODI series.
We have found a couple of other picks that we think offers some good value for this match.
- Pick 1: England highest opening partnership 10/11
We have seen this in the first 2 matches. Bairstow and Roy work well as openers together and have got England off to a great start in both games. The odds on England of 10/11 are too good to pass up here.
- Pick 2: Kohli to get 50+ runs 1/1
Kohli’s form has improved recently since an indifferent start to the T20s. He will have a key role in the match and we think he performs better when there is that level of expectation around him.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by
Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by