Match: India v England
Format: T20 – 5th of 5
Current score: 2-2
Time: 9am India
Stadium: Narendra Modi Stadium, India
Trends & Recent Form
What a match we have here! The series is drawn 2-2 after a close encounter on Thursday. This looks set to be an epic battle between the two best T20 teams in the world. There will be fireworks and wickets galore.!
India T20 form
- The last match was Suryakumar Yadav get a hand century on his T20 debut for India. He smashed a 6 on the first ball and never looked back.
- KL Rahul still struggled for form as he has done all series. 14 off 17 balls in snot good enough in T20 cricket and he looks way out of nick. Could he be rested (dropped) for this match? Quite possibly, yes.
- The danger man for India is Jofra Archer who’s IPL experience is really showing on these pitches. He took 4/33 in the last match and has looked dangerous all T20 series. India could do with a plan on how to play him.
- India is again the book makers favourite for this match, as they have been for every match this series. We do think the odds should be longer on us to win though.
England T20 form
- When Kohli went for 1 England looked in a strong position with India at 70/3. It was Yadav’s 57 off 31 and Iyers 37 off 18 that really cost them in terms of keeping the run chase down.
- Ben Stokes was at his explosive best hitting 46 from 23 balls, including 3 sixes. The wickets of Morgan for 4 and Curran for 3 proved costly in the run chase. Despite the best efforts of slogger Jofra Archer they still fell 8 runs short.
- England has sown throughout this series the quality that they have and they are defiantly capable of beating India in this decider.
- In the series, the team chasing has won 3 of the 4 matches. This is a trend we are seeing across the day-night matches in world T20 cricket. It was a key trend in the PSL before it got called off.
Head to head stats
- 12th March – England won by 8 wickets (27 balls remaining)
- India 124/7 (20)
- England 130/2 (15.3)
- 14th March – India won by 7 wickets (13 balls remaining)
- England 164/6 (20)
- India 166/3 (17.5)
- 16th March – England won by 8 wickets (18 balls remaining)
- India 156/6 (20)
- England (18.2)
- 18th March – India won by 8 runs
- India 185/5 (20)
- England 177/8 (20)
Match Prediction & Tips
The team at cricketics have sat down to discuss the match and we cannot come to an agreement on who will win as it is so close. We have gone with the majority who believes India will get the win!
Match Result: India to win at 8/11.
“India is on home soil and will want to get a win for the nation. They have players in good form and can take the game to England”
Arjun is head of Indian cricket.
“England show they perform well under pressure. They have big match players in the team with Stokes and Archer, among others. Who knows if Virat Kohli will hit 50 or get another duck!”
Matt is head of English cricket (if you can’t tell).
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: India vs Pakistan Date: October 24, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021 –
Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders Prediction – October 15, 2021: Who will win the IPL final!
Match: Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders Date: October 15, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League –
Match: Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders Date: October 13, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Sharjah Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 –