Match: 4th Test of 4
Date: 3rd March 2021
Time: 9am India
Stadium: Sandar Patel Stadium
Trends & Recent Form
- India leads the series 2-1 after a 2-day win in the 3rd test on a pitch best suited for spinners.
- According to a Time of India poll, Indian fans do not want to see the same type of wicket in the final test. They also voted that the pitch mattered more than the batting talent in the 3rd test.
- Many ex India cricketers have criticised the pitch as well as English players.
- England has been very disappointed with the state of the pitches for this tour. They have lodged an official complaint about the pitch for the 3rd test.
- The team says they miss read the pitch for the last test having only one spinner in the team compared with India who had 3.
- England is expected to make up to 5 changes to the team for the 4th test. There is a lot of pressure on captain Joe Root to get it right.
- All-rounder Chris Woakes had returned to England after not being used in the bubble.
- After an excellent performance in the first test, England has not scored over 175 runs in any innings.
- It is 100 years since England last lost a test in 2 days.
Head to head stats
Test series so far
- 1st test – ENG won by 227 runs
- 2nd test – IND won by 317 runs
- 3rd test – IND won by 10 wickets
Match Prediction & Tips
We hope this match is played on a better pitch than we have seen so far this tour. The first test was arguably the best so far but it was clear who won the toss would be the likely winner. In the next two tests, we’ve seen degrading pitches that suited the spinners. With England going with just one spinner compared to Indias three they were never going to stand a chance in the third test once the pitch started to cut up on day one.
Match Result: India to win 4/9*
We cannot see anything other than another India win here. England was impressive since then but on pitches that suit Indian players, we struggle to see them getting close to a win. The have struggled to get a score in the last two tests and have not taken the wickets when they need to. We expect this trend to continue.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by
Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by