Match: 3rd Test, current score 1-1
Time: 9am India
Stadium: Sardar Patel Stadium
Last Match: Win over England to level the 3 test series.
World Ranking: 4th
Last Match: Loss to India to bring the series to a draw.
Trends & Recent Form
- The last match was a comfortable win on a poor pitch. Rohit Shama hit an impressive 161 in the 1st innings to set up the win on a pitch that would always deteriorate over time.
- Ashwin won the man of the match with bowling figures of 5/43 & 3/53 along with top-scoring with 106 in the second innings.
- Virat Kohli has posted to say that consistency is the key, which will be important for India if they are to win the series.
- The match takes place at the newly refurbished ground which now has the biggest capacity in world cricket. The pitch was looking lush and green in the build-up to the match.
- In the 2nd test, India had centuries from Sharma and Ashwin, as well as half-centuries from Rahane, Pant and Kohli.
- The wicket for the third test looks greener and much more suited to seamers than the poor wickets we have seen in the first 2 tests.
- Sam Curran has not joined up with the squad as expected due to logistical issue with flights, it is unknown if he will join up at a later date.
- David Lloyd believes Kohli should have been reprimanded for his behaviour in breathing the umpire in the 2nd test.
- England failed to get a century or half-century in the 2nd test.
Head to head stats
- Tour –
- 1st test
- England win by 227 runs
- 2nd test
- India win by 317 runs
- 1st test
Match Prediction & Tips
It is great to see a pitch for this test that looks like it will withstand 4/5 days of test cricket. We have been in agreement with the like of Michael Vaughan and Kevin Pietersen, with their criticism of the last 2 pitches. Test cricket should not be the case of whoever wins the toss will most likely win the match. This looks set to be much more like a spectacle of test cricket, between two top teams, that we want to see.
Match Prediction: England to win 3/1*
With the pitch looking better for seamers we’ve gone for an England win, at odds of 3/1* it looks like a good value bet.
An extra tip for the 2nd test.
- Tip 1: Sharma to score a 1st innings 50 11/8
Sharma is in great form with the bat.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by
Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by