Match: 2nd ODI of 3
Date: 26th March 2021
Time: 1.30 PM India
Stadium: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium
Trends & Recent Form
India will be on top of the world after the last win in the 1st one day of international. It was a rollercoaster of a performance from both teams and kept us on the edge of our seats. India looked set to make a big score and then didn’t, England looked set to chase it down quickly but didn’t.
Hopefully, the 2nd ODI will be as enjoyable to watch as the first!
- India won the first ODI in emphatic fashion by 66 runs after getting England out for 251 while chasing 318 to win.
- Shikhar Dhawan was the top-performing batsman with 98 runs. Virat Kohli, KL Rahul and Krunal Pandya all got half-centuries.
- Krunal Pandya was playing in his first ODI at the international level and got 58 runs from 31 balls. He looks a very assured and composed player and will have a bright future ahead of him if he carries on as he started.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar top performed with the ball for economy conceded just 30 runs from 9 overs, including 1 wicket. Krishna top 4 wickets and Thakur took 3 as they picked the wickets up after a strong start from Roy and Bairstow.
- They are the strong favourites to win again in the 2nd ODI and seal the series win with a match to play.
- India is without Sheras Iyer for this match and the rest of the series due to injury. He is also set to miss the start of the IPl.
England ODI form
- England’s form seems to have dipped in the last couple of matches and the loss of Archer is being felt already.
- India got stuck into Mark Wood and Adil Rashid who both had economic figures of over 7.
- Ben Stokes was the top bowler for England. He finished with 3/34 from 8 overs.
- Jonny Bairstow was the top run-scorer with 94 runs from 66 balls. He got England off to a flying start with fellow opener Jason Roy getting 46 from 35 balls. England was at 134/0 and going well before the first wicket fell. They then lost the next 9 wickets for 122 runs.
- Both Stokes and Buttler, who are usually very consistent top performers, were out for 1 & 2 respectively. The middle-order was a letdown for the England team in the chase.
Match Prediction & Tips
The sportsbooks have India as a strong favourite after the recent T20 series win and the manner of this win. We do think that India are a little short for this match and England have offered enough to back here at the odds available.
Match Prediction: England to win at 11/8*.
Matt, head of English cricket, is raving about this price on England. He said –
“England offered enough in the first match that they should be at shorter odds than those on offer here. They seem to have forgotten that England is still the no 1 ranked ODI team in the world.”
Arjun, head of Indian cricket, obviously disagrees!
“India has the upper hand against England now and this will be another win for India to take this series as well. When they look back on the series England will realise they are still a good side but India is just a bit better than them.”
There are over 100 markets on offer for this match so we will have picks for this match looking more at player bets for some more value. There are lots of options available from overs bettings to player bets.
- Pick 1:
- Pick 2:
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Lucknow Super Giants v Chennai Super Kings Date: 31st March 2022 Stadium: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai Trends & Recent Form LSG and CSK meet for the first time and both
Match: Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kolkata Knight Riders Date: 30th Match 2022 Stadium: Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Navi Mumbai Trends & Recent Form Royal Challenges comes into the match
Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Rajasthan Royals Date: 28th Match 2022 Stadium: Cricket Association Mumbai. Trends & Recent Form The teams predicted to be the bottom two go head to head