Match: India v England 2nd T20
Date: March 14th, 2021
Time: 7 PM India
Stadium: Narendra Modi Stadium
Trends & Recent Form
India T20 Form
- India started the first T20 match poorly with wickets falling quickly. They were 3/2 and 20/3 before Shreyas Iyer got in and got a half-century.
- India finished with a very disappointing 124/7 from their 20. This looked well below par on what looked a reasonable batting wicket. Around 150-165 would have been a par score, in our opinion.
- With the ball, India did not perform as well as England. Washington Sundar and Yuzvendra Chahal took one wicket each. Chahal was particularly expensive going for 44 runs from 4 overs as England cruised to victory.
- Before the match, India captain, Virat Kohli, said England were the favourites to win the T20 World Cup.
- Kohli has now been out for a duck in 3 of his last 5 innings against England across all formats of the game.
- The highlight for India was the form of Shreyas Iyer who got 67 from 48 balls, over half of the teams runs.
England T20 Form
- England looks strong and in control at all time in this match. The early wickets meant England could keep the pressure on the Indian batsmen.
- Jofra Archer showed his quality and experience of India wickets getting 3/23 from his 4 overs and was bang on line and length all match. Rashid, Wood, Jordan and Stokes all took one wicket each.
- Jason Roy top-scored with 49 from 32 balls and the four batsmen that played all got in and over 20 runs. The way they played and the way the pitch looks they could have chased down 180 or higher.
- England will be supremely confident going into the next T20 that could be on the same wicket.
- England is at shorter odds to win the 2nd T20 after the first win, but India is still the favourites.
Head to head stats
- 1st T20 March 12th, 2021 – England won by 8 wickets
- India 124/7 (20)
- England 130/2 (15.3)
Match Prediction & Tips
The cricketics team sat down to discuss this match and we were split on who would win. Arjun, our Indian writer, is convinced of response from India. Matt, our English writer, thinks England has the upper hand psychologically and this will be another big win for them. Put to the vote the majority went for an England win.
Match Prediction: England to win 1/1*.
Matt Fox (head of English cricket content): England is the best T20 team in the world and look like they can beat anyone. The crushing blow of a massive win in the first T20 will make it hard for India to bounce back. Another England win at 1/ odds* looks great value to me.
There is a lot of markets on offer for this match so we have a couple of extra picks for you.
- Pick 1: Over 325.5 runs in the match 5/6
This line has been massively reduced are the first T20 and now holds some real value. India cannot perform as badly as the first T20! If the match is on the same wicket we think around 170-180 would be a par score giving a total match score of 340-360 runs if it is close.
- Pick 2: England most match sixes 21/20
In the first T20, India got 3 sixes and England got 7. Although India was in trouble and could not hit out the England team possesses more big hitters, in my opinion, and I can see the value here.
We think England will win this match.
The second T20 takes place on Sunday 14th March and starts at 7 PM in India.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Lucknow Super Giants v Chennai Super Kings Date: 31st March 2022 Stadium: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai Trends & Recent Form LSG and CSK meet for the first time and both
Match: Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kolkata Knight Riders Date: 30th Match 2022 Stadium: Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Navi Mumbai Trends & Recent Form Royal Challenges comes into the match
Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Rajasthan Royals Date: 28th Match 2022 Stadium: Cricket Association Mumbai. Trends & Recent Form The teams predicted to be the bottom two go head to head