Match: India v Egland 1st ODI
Date: 23rd March, 2021.
Time: 1.30 PM India
Stadium: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium
Trends & Recent Form
- Jofra Archer has been ruled out of the series, and the start of the IPL with a shoulder injury – this is a big blow to England.
- The English press is debating if Stokes should be higher up the order, batting 3rd or 4th, instead of batting 6th and bowling part-time. We would expect to see that change in this first match.
- India will be brimming with confidence after winning the T20 series in an emphatic style. Kohli may opt to open again here after his impressive display in the final T20 match.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar was named as the man of the match in the last T20 and Virat Kohli picked up the player of the series.
India ODI form
- India is ranked number 2 in the world ODI rankings currently, just ahead of New Zealand.
- India has the top 2 batsmen in ODI cricket in the world. Virat Kohli is ranked no 1 with 870 points and Rohit Sharma is ranked no 2 with 842 points.
- Jasprit Bumrah is the 3rf highest rated bowler in ODI cricket with a ranking of 700.
- Ravinder Jadeja is the top-rated all-rounder for India and is currently ranked 8th in the world.
England ODI form
- England is currently the number 1 rated team in world cricket for One Day matches.
- Jonny Bairstow (11), Joe Root (13) and Jason Roy (18) are all in the world top 20 ODI batsmen.
- Chris Woakes is the highest rated English bowler rated 5th in the world. Jofra Archer is rated 12th and will be a big miss to the England attack.
- Woakes is also the top-rated all-rounder at 3rd in the world. He is one place above dangerman Ben Stokes in the rankings.
Head to head stats
Tour so far
- T20’s – India won the series 3-2
- Test series – India won 3-1
Match Prediction & Tips
After the T20 series win and the loss of Jofra Archer, the bookmakers have got India at very short-priced favourites. They are as low as 4/7* with Melbet which is too short in the Cricketics teams opinion. The team thinks India are in the strongest position coming into this match but the odds offers no value.
Match Prediction: India to win.
Arjun’s view from India:
“India looks back to their best and will want to get off to a winning start in a series, finally! They have quality in ODI cricket and in time I expect them to become the best team in the world in this format.”
Matt’s view from England:
“The manner of defeat in the last T20 will be hard to take along with the loss of Archer. England is more than capable of getting a win here but will need to start well and not show any nerves.”
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles – August 4, 2021 Predictions: Can Livingstone fire Phoenix to glory?
Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Date: August 4, 2021 Start Time: 6:00pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match Format: 100-Ball
West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?
Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I
London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!
Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball