Match: 1st T20 of 5
Date: 12th March 2021
Time: 7 PM India
Stadium: Narendra Modi Stadium, India
Trends & Recent Form
- India comes into the match with supreme confidence after the destruction of England in the last three test matches.
- In the last T20 series, India recorded a 2-1 win over Australia on Australian soil.
- India will be looking to get a morale-boosting win in this series ahead of the ICC T20 World Cup that is taking place later this year. India is the current favourites to win the tournament.
- India is rated as third in world T20 cricket, behind England (1st) and Australia (2nd). There are only 7 points between the top 3 places and India have played more T20 matches than anyone in the world in the current ranking period.
- LK Rahul is the 2nd highest rated T20 batsman in the world rankings, Virat Kohli is the only other Indian player in the top 10 – currently ranked 6th.
- India does not currently have a bowler in the top 10, the highest-rated bowler is Wahington Sundar who is joint 12th, followed by Jasprit Bumrah who is 16th.
- England is the top-rated T20 team in world cricket and will be looking to bounce back from the test disappointment.
- As you would expect England are in good form when we look only at 20 cricket. They beat Sri Lanka 3-0 in their last T20 series. Before that, they beat Australia 2-1 at the end of last summer.
- Dawid Malan is the top T20 batsman in the world. England T20 captain Eoin Morgan is rated 10th in the world.
- Adil Rashid is the highest-ranked bowler, currently 4th in the world.
- In our opinion, the current England squad is the best T20 team they have ever had. They possess explosive high-quality batsman and superb T20 bowlers. These are players that are experienced in playing in the IPL so will be used to the T20 wickets they are playing on.
Head to head stats
Tour so far
- Test – India won 3-1
Prior to this India and England have not played each other since the 2019 ODI World Cup.
Match Prediction & Tips
This is a very difficult match to call. England is the all-conquering T20 team in the world and will have some confidence from that. With the likes of Malan, Stokes and Archer in the team they have a very good chance of winning here. The test series will be long forgotten if they get a big win in the first T20.
Match Result: England to win 10/11*.
We do not like going against India but the odds on England are too good to turn down. They are not the no 1 team for nothing and will come into this match fired up after an embarrassing test series where they struggled with spin.
With such a wide range of betting markets for this match we have seen some value that we like and we also have a long shot for you.
- 1: To hit over 0.5 sixes – Kohil 5/6* & Buttler 8/11*
Top players who are more than capable of going over the ropes. This is for two separate singles. Anything over the ropes and each selection would win.
- Long shot: Archer most match sixes 50/1*
We saw in the IPL last year the Archer has some big hits in his locker when needed. This is more of a small fun punt. If England is a few wickets down and need some runs then Archer could come in and start smashing it around the ground again (or be out for a duck!)
We think it will be a very close match but England will win this match.
The match takes place on the 12th of March 2021 and starts at 7 PM in India.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by
Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by