- Match: Hobart Hurricanes vs Perth Scorchers
- Date: December 14, 2021
- Start Time: 8:15am
- Stadium: Bellerive Oval
- Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – 12th Match
- Format: T20
Perth Scorchers won by 53 runs
Hobart Hurricanes vs Perth Scorchers Stats and Trends
Hobart Hurricanes Trends
- Played: 3
- Won: 1
- Lost: 2
- NRR: -0.3970
- Last 5 results: L, W, L
The Hobart Hurricanes have played two matches so far, back to back matches against the Sydney Sixers. They should have won both but let the first match slip from them when they were in a great position to get a win. They were in a great position to win the match but eventually stumbled to a loss.
In the return match, they fired on all cylinders to get an excellent win and will be full of confidence after equaling the highest score in the Big Bash so far, 213. That said the book makes still have the Scorchers as the favourites, you can get odds against on the Hurricanes winning this match.
Hobart Hurricanes Last Match vs Sydney Sixers
Hobart Hurricanes won by 44 runs (D/L method)
|Caleb Paul Jewell|
What a batting performance this was by the Hurricanes! Matthew Wade was sensational, at one point it seemed like Short was just at the other end to watch his performance! Wade laid into the Sixers bowling attack smashing 5 sixes. He looked like he may carry his bat at one point. Weh his wicket went Short, who’d been awewetator to that point, stepped up and got some runs on the board.
The 214 target always looked an easy one to defend and they did it with ease. The rain at the ned meant it was settled on the DLS method but the result was never in doubt. Joel Paris was expensive at 9 runs an over but took 3 wickets which were key to the Hurricanes victory.
Perth Scorchers Trends
- Played: 3
- Won: 3
- Lost: 0
- NRR: 1.8000
- Last 5 results: W, W, W
The Scorchers maintained their 100% start to the Big Bash with a comfortable win over the Scorchers last time out. They’re 2/2 and looked in good nick. They are the favourites in the betting to win this matchup and we can see why from the way they have been playing. This is a big step-up from last years Big Bash where they finished 6th with 8 wins but lost 4 of their last 5 matches.
The Scorchers have batted first in both matches and we are seeing a trend for the team who bats first to win – the opposite of the IPL and T20 World Cup in the UAE. The team batting first has won 8 of the 11 matches so far.
Perth Scorchers Last Match vs Adelaide Strikers
Perth Scorchers won by 49 runs
Colin Munro was in fine form hitting a Big Bash top score of 114 at a 156 strike rate. Scotlands Munro showed his T20 quality carrying his bat through the innings which is a sensational performance. Bancroft supported well with 45 as the Scorchers clocked up 195/1.
With the ball, the Scorchers kept taking wickets leaving the Striker with no chance of winning. They ended up 146 all-out falling well short in the chase. Tye took 3/21 in 3 overs and Jason Behrendorff took 3/22 in just 2.5 overs. These two picked off the tail-enders with ease to see out the win.
Hobart Hurricanes vs Perth Scorchers Match Prediction
All the betting sites have the Perth Scorchers as the match favourites, but we think that’s hard on the Scorchers. They faltered a little in the opening match be were absolutely on fire in their last match. The team that bats first in this match will probably be the one that wins from the matches we have seen so far.
Match result tip: Hobart Hurricanes to win
We’re going against the odds for this one, there is the potential for an explosive performance from these two sides and this could be a high scoring match.
Predicted scores if batting first:
Hobart Hurricanes 190/3
Perth Scorchers 170/6
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Sydney Sixers vs Adelaide Strikers Date: January 26, 2022 Start Time: 8:25am Stadium: Sydney Cricket Ground Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – Challenger Format: T20 Result Sydney Sixers won by 4 wickets (with 0 ball remaining) Sydney Sixers vs Adelaide Strikers Stats and Trends Sydney Sixers Trends Played: 14 Won: 9 Lost: 4 […]
- Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Prediction – January 22, 2022: Can the Scorcher carry on their red hot form?Match: Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Date: January 22, 2022 Start Time: 8:15am Stadium: Docklands Stadium Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – Qualifier Format: T20 Result Perth Scorchers won by 49 runs Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Stats and Trends Perth Scorchers Trends Played: 14 Won: 11 Lost: 3 NRR: 0.9260 Last 5 results: […]
- Match: Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Date: January 12, 2022 Start Time: 8:15am Stadium: The Gabba Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – 46th Match Format: T20 Result Adelaide Strikers won by 71 runs Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Stats and Trends Brisbane Heat Trends Played: 11 Won: 3 Lost: 8 NRR: -0.7340 Last 5 […]