- Match: Hampshire vs Essex
- Date: July 16, 2021
- Start Time: 1:00pm
- Stadium: The Rose Bowl
- Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – South Group
- Format: T20
- Played: 13
- Won: 5
- Lost: 5
- NRR: 0.1080
- Last 5 results: W, W, W, W, L
- Played: 13
- Won: 5
- Lost: 7
- NRR: -0.3520
- Last 5 results: L, L, W, W, L
Hampshire won by 18 runs
- Hampshire is sitting in 7th after a disappointing campaign in the T20 Blast this year.
- Their 3 wins so far are the joint lowest and they are 2 points above the bottom by virtue of their bonus points.
- A net run rate of -0.017 shows they have had some close matches. Their season in the Blast does look to be over realistically.
- They could get able Essex into 6th a win due to their higher net run rate.
- Joe Weatherley has been the stand out batter for Hampshire with 256 runs from 8 innings so far. Next up is DM Short with 173 runs from the same 8 innings. The batting has been a problem for Hampshire with not enough runs being scored.
- Currie and Crane top the bowling figures with 12 wickets each, although Currie has done it in 4 matches v Cranes 8 matches.
- Of all the bowlers that have played at least 4 matches, none have an economy of under 7 runs per over. Wheal is the best with 7.31 currently.
Essex Eagles Stats
- Essex sits 6th in the table with a game in hand over 5th placed Surrey. Surry has a considerably better NRR so Essex would stay 6th baring a record-breaking win margin.
- With only 1 no result so far they have lost 6 of their 12 matches which is the second-highest number of defeats in the southern league. Usually, teams who complete more matches have a better chance of qualifying but that isn’t the case here.
- Pepper has the mist runs with 248 from 11 matches. Lawrence has the highest average with 40.75 after getting 2 not outs in 6 matches played so far.
- Harmer and Cook have been leading the way with wickets, they are on 16 and 15 respectively having both played 11 matches. Harmer is .09 ahead of Cook in the economy too, sitting on 6.41. Nijjar leads the way on the economy with 6.98 having taken 10 wickets..
Hampshire vs Essex Match Prediction
Essex to win the match!
Essex looks the stronger of the 2 teams and they have the best bowling unit. Nijjar, Harmer and Cook will be too much for Hampshire to deal with and we expect Essex to get a reasonable win. Hampshire has very little to play for and this could lead to a dip in performance levels for this match.
Hampshire vs Essex Stats
Player Stats this season
Top Batters This Season
|Colin de Grandhomme|
Top Bowlers This Season
Hampshire Last Match vs Somerset
|Colin de Grandhomme|
|D Arcy Short|
Hampshire’s last match was a comfortable victory over Somerset who collapsed to 100 all out chasing 176 to win. The Hampshire top order did not perform but fortunately, Joe Weatherly, 50 and Lewis McManus, 60 not out, did in the middle order.
Essex Last Match vs Sussex
Essex lost to Sussex by 6 wickets with 9 balls remaining. With the bat, they just did not get enough runs on the board finishing on 146/9. They took 4 of the Sussex wickets but the result was never really in doubt.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: India vs Pakistan Date: October 24, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021 – 16th Match Format: T20I India vs Pakistan Stats and Trends India Trends India looks ready to go for the T20 World Cup after 2 very good wins in the warm-up […]
- Match: Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders Date: October 15, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – Final Format: T20 Result Chennai Super Kings won by 27 runs Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders Stats and Trends Chennai Super Kings Trends Played: 14 Won: […]
- Match: Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders Date: October 13, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Sharjah Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – Qualifier 2 Format: T20 Result Kolkata Knight Riders won by 3 wickets (with 1 ball remaining) Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders Stats and Trends Delhi Capitals Trends Played: 14 […]