Match: Hampshire v Leicestershire Preview header
Date: 19th May 2021
Tournament: County Championship
Trends & Recent Form
This week’s County Championship matches kicks off with Hampshire v Leicestershire on Wednesday followed by 7 more matches starting on Thursday.
Position: 3rd of 6 (Group 2)
- Played: 6
- Won: 3
- Drawn: 1
- Lost: 2
- Points: 82
Latest stats and trends
- Hampshire is going well in this year’s County Championship. They are well placed to get into the later stages. A win here will boost their qualification chances.
- Holland is the top run-scorer for Hampshire so far with 421 runs. James Vince is close behind with 412 runs. These are the 2 players to watch.
- Kyle Abbot has taken the most wickets and will be a good pick for anyone paying the Dream 11 fantasy cricket for this match. He was instrumental in the last win at Lords. He took 6/44 in the first innings and 5/41 in the second.
- The weather looks to be windy with occasional showers for the first 3 days and then settled on day 4. This should suit the Hampshire bowling attack.
Position: 6th of 6
- Played: 5
- Won: 0
- Drawn: 2
- Lost: 3
- Points: 40
Latest stats and trends
- Leicester sits bottom of the table and is yet to record a win. They have the lowest bowling bonus points and the second-lowest batting points. A win here with some bonus points could move them up to 4th.
- Hassan Azad is the top-scoring batsman so far. Chris Wright has taken the most wickets.
- Whilst the weather meant the last match ended in a draw Leicester was in a good position. They put on 496 in the first innings and had Surrey all out for 324. They were on target for their first win.
- In the previous games, it has been the bowling attack that has let them down.
- In the last match between these two teams, earlier this year, Hampshire hit 612/5 and won by over an innings.
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Leicester to win at 11/5*
We are backing Leicester to win as we see more value in the odds at 11/5 than the 4/11 on offer for Hampshire. In the last game, Leicester performed well in the first innings and was in a good position to get their first win. In general, they have performed reasonably well but have struggled at times chasing in the second innings which has cost them victories.
When we consider the last two games they played, they were in a great position against Surrey when the match was drawn. Against Gloucestershire, they lost by four wickets after getting themselves into a reasonable position, scoring 421 in the first innings and 201 in the second innings. Whilst this was a defeat and a draw they have shown promise in these games. We are expecting another improved performance in this match and are hopeful of a Leicestershire win.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by
Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by