- Match: Gloucestershire vs Surrey
- Date: July 16, 2021
- Start Time: 1:30pm
- Stadium: College Ground
- Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – South Group
- Format: T20
- Played: 13
- Won: 6
- Lost: 5
- NRR: 0.3280
- Last 5 results: L, W, L, L, W
- Played: 14
- Won: 6
- Lost: 5
- NRR: 0.2100
- Last 5 results: W, L, L, W, L
Surrey won by 7 wickets (with 10 balls remaining)
Gloucestershire Stats and Trends
- Gloucestershire sits 3rd in the table on 14 points, level with Somerset and one point above Surrey. With 2 matches remaining this is the key time for qualification. Surrey has played 1 more match so a win for Gloucestershire here would score a quarter final place.
- Gloucestershire has won 4 of their last 6 T20 blast matches. In sorter term from they have only won 1 of the last 3. At home they have won 3 of the last 4 matches.
- GD Philips has been one of the stand out players in the years Blast. He has 423 runs at an average of 60.42 and has has 3 not outs. He’s hit an incredible 29 sixes and 27 fours. If he fires in this match you would expect a win for Gloucestershire.
- Gloucestershire averages 177 when batting first.
Surrey Stats and Trends
- A win for Surrey in this, their final game, would put them on 15 points. With their current NRR of 0.286 they would need to see other results before seeing if they make the quarter finals.
- After winning their first 3 matches on the spin Surrey’s form has dipped. They have won just 2 of their last 7 completed matches. In the last 2 they were beaten at home and away in back to back games against Kent.
- 2 of their 5 wins have been at home and 3 of them have been away from home.
- WG Jacks is the top batsman for Surrey with 369 runs at a 36.9 average. He has top scored with 87 and has hit a team hit 15 sixes in the tournament.
- When batting first Surrey have only got over 180 runs once, 223/7 against Middlesex on 10th of June. They average 163 when batting first.
Gloucestershire vs Surrey Match Prediction
We always enjoy matches at this stage of any tournament as the pressure is really on for both teams. Surrey has an outside chance of making the finals but only a win will do – lost and they are out regardless of other results. A win for Gloucestershire would confirm their place in the quarters regardless of the result in the final match.
Cricketics match prediction: Gloucestershire to win
The team has selected Gloucestershire to win this match. Surrey’s recent form has been alarming after an excellent start. With the in-form Philips in the side and the higher average first innings score the stats and trends point to a win for GS.
Predicted scores (If batting first)
Gloucestershire vs Surrey Stats
Player Stats this season
Top Batters This Season
|Graeme van Buuren|
Top Bowlers This Season
Gloucestershire Last Match vs Middlesex
Benny Howell put in a good performance with 3 wickets. Shaw and Taylor were expensive.
Surrey Last Match vs Kent
Jamie Overton’s quickfire 23 help build the Surrey score. The bowlers struggled to take the necessary wickets against Kent to get a win. This was not a great performance from Surrey.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles – August 4, 2021 Predictions: Can Livingstone fire Phoenix to glory?Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Date: August 4, 2021 Start Time: 6:00pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match Format: 100-Ball Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Stats and Trends Birmingham Phoenix Trends Played: 2 Won: 1 Lost: 1 NRR: -1.5830 Last 5 results: L, W Birmingham Phoenix has now played 4 […]
- West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I West Indies vs Pakistan Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies can tie the series with a win. The current score is 1-0 after 2 matches have been washed […]
- London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball Result Northern Superchargers won by 63 runs London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Stats and Trends London Spirit Trends Played: 3 Won: 0 Lost: 2 NRR: -0.4540 Last 5 results: L, […]