- Match: Glamorgan vs Somerset
- Date: July 16, 2021
- Start Time: 5:30pm
- Stadium: Sophia Gardens
- Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – South Group
- Format: T20
- Played: 13
- Won: 3
- Lost: 8
- NRR: -1.1790
- Last 5 results: L, L, L, W, L
- Played: 13
- Won: 7
- Lost: 4
- NRR: 0.2960
- Last 5 results: W, L, W, W, L
Somerset won by 74 runs
Glamorgan Stats and Trends
- Glamorgan is 8th in the Blast table and has no chance of making the knock-out stages with 2 matches to play. They are on 8 points and are 6 points off 4th. This is a dead rubber for them but they still have the pride to play for – and avoiding the wooden spoon if Middlesex gets ahead of them.
- Glamorgan has 1 win in their last 5 matches, which was a 1 run victory over Surrey on the 29th of June. Glamorgan batted first and put on 153/6 which looked below par. Their bowlers stepped up in the case and took 9 wickets limiting Surrey to 152/9.
- When batting first Glamorgan struggle -their highest score so far is 170/8 and the lowest was 104 all out!
Somerset Stats and Trends
- Somerset sits 4th on 14 points, 1 point above Surrey (see our preview of Surrey’s match here). Surrey has played 13 matches so a win here for Somerset would confirm their place in the quarter-finals. Depending on other results it is possible they could finish between 4th and 2nd this year. Their NRR is lower than the teams above them so 4th is the most likely position.
- Somerset has won 6 of their last 8 completely matches in the Blast. After losing their first 2 matches at home they have found some form and could be a team to watch in the knock-out stages.
- Their wins have been emphatic at times with results of one 6 wicket win, two 7 wicket wins, and one 10 wicket win – a rarity in T20 cricket.
- When batting first Somerset is dominant with scores of 204/7, 187/6 & 185/7 all recorded in June. Their lowest score batting first is 152 all out.
Glamorgan vs Somerset Match Prediction
It is all to play for Somerset in this match and they are clearly the stronger of the 2 teams playing today. They are better batting first than Glamorgan with a higher average. If Somerset bats first we would expect a large victory in this match.
Predicted match result: Somerset win
Predicted scores (if batting first)
Glamorgan vs Somerset Stats
Player Stats this season
Top Batters This Season
|Timm van der Gugten|
Top Bowlers This Season
|Marchant de Lange|
Glamorgan Last Match vs Sussex
Daniel Douthwaite put in an excellent performance smashing 35 at a 195 SR, he also took 3 wickets at a 7 economy – a top performance.
Somerset Last Match vs Hampshire
|Roelof van der Merwe|
|Marchant de Lange|
Somerset stuttered here and will need to improve on these numbers to get the win they need.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Lucknow Super Giants v Chennai Super Kings Date: 31st March 2022 Stadium: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai Trends & Recent Form LSG and CSK meet for the first time and both lost their opening game. History points to CSK bouncing back here. We will look over the stats and the squads before making our match prediction. […]
- Match: Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kolkata Knight Riders Date: 30th Match 2022 Stadium: Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Navi Mumbai Trends & Recent Form Royal Challenges comes into the match looking for their first win of the IPL. KKR started well with a good win over last season’s champions – Chennai Super Kings. Here we […]
- Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Rajasthan Royals Date: 28th Match 2022 Stadium: Cricket Association Mumbai. Trends & Recent Form The teams predicted to be the bottom two go head to head in the first match and both will be looking to start with a win. For the third year in a row, Sunrisers are the favourites […]