Match: Glamorgan v Yorkshire
Date: Thursday 13th May 2021
Format: 4 day limited overs
Stadium: The Swalec Stadium, Cardiff
Trends & Recent Form
This looks like the pick of the matches from round 5 in the County Championship. Yorkshire has been in excellent form so far and, along with Lancashire, are unbeaten in 5 matches so far.
Glamorgan has a younger and more progressive side that can cause teams a problem on their day. Will that be enough to trouble Yorkshire? Read on for the full stats and our match prediciton.
Position: 4 of 6 (Group 3)
- Played: 5
- Won: 1
- Lost: 2
- Drawn: 2
- Points: 58
Latest stats and trends
- Glamorgan sits 5th in the league with 1 win from 5. They have 9 batting points and 12 bowling points.
- At the start of May, they drew with Lancashire with the match limited to 1 innings each due to rain. David Lloyd top-scored with 78 from 129 balls as they made 344 in 109.5 overs. Andrew Salter was the top bowler with 2/49 from 13 overs as Lancashire declared on 301/9.
- In the previous match, Glamorgan won by 10 wickets in a record-breaking match. At 136.2 overs this was the shortest 4-day Championship match in history.
- David Lloyd was again in form with the bat getting 62 as Glamorgan made 197. He also won the match for them scoring 19 off 8 balls as they chased down 19 to win.
- With the ball, Micheal Hogan took 5/28 in 10 overs in the second innings as Kent were all out for 74.
- Glamorgan has the ability to win this match if they perform at this level.
Position: 2 of 6 (Group 3)
- Played: 5
- Won: 3
- Lost: 0
- Draw: 2
- Points: 86
Latest stats and trends
- Yorkshire is second due to their lower batting bonus points than the top of the table Lancashire. They have 8 batting bonus points and 14 bowling bonus points.
- Their last match, against Kent, was also a draw due to the weather.
- The previous match really caught the eye with a 1 run win over Northamptonshire. This was the first time in their history that Northamptonshire had lost a match by 1 run, and the second time Yorkshire had one by 1 run since 1976.
- Dom Bless top-scored in the first innings with 56 runs, David Willey top-scored in the second with 41 not out.
- The wickets fell regularly in the match with no one really putting on a big score.
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Yorkshire to win (draw no bet) at 1/2* (not backing)
All the stats and data points towards a Yorkshire win but the odds of 1/2* are not tempting at all from the bookmakers to take this bet.
At 11/8 Glamorgan could be tradable for a small stake and see how it goes. If they start well we could see a movement in those odds but it still Is not enough value for us to trade on this match.
These matches always have a draw no bet option on the markets as a lot of the games end in a draw. This is a better way for all who bet. If the match ends in a draw then you will get your stake back on this market.
Wh have spotted some extra value in one of the markets on offer.
- Pick 1: Lloyd top Glamorgan 1st innings batsman 4/1*
Lloyd has been in good form and was the top batsman in the first innings in the last match. He was also the top bat in the second inning of the previous match. Labuschange leads this market at odds of 5/2.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Pakistan vs Australia Date: November 11, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021 –
Match: England vs New Zealand Date: November 10, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Sheikh Zayed Stadium Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021 –
West Indies vs Sri Lanka Prediction – November 4, 2021: Can Sri Lanka and Hasaranga finish with a win?
Match: West Indies vs Sri Lanka Date: November 4, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Sheikh Zayed Stadium Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021