- Match: England W vs India W
- Date: July 3, 2021
- Start Time: 10:00am
- Stadium: New Road
- Tournament: One Day International Women – 2021 – 3rd ODI
- Format: ODI
India W won by 4 wickets (with 3 balls remaining)
- England Women took a 2-0 lead in the ODI series at Tauton winning by 5 wickets with 15 balls remaining. This secures them the win in the 3 match series. They will be looking for another win here to build the confidence heading into the 3 match T20 series that starts on the 9th of July.
– Kate Cross was the top bowler with 5/34 from her 10 overs. Nat Sciver, Sophie Ecclestone and Anya Shrubsole all finished with an economy figure of under 4. That is an excellent bowling attack in ODI cricket.
– The run of wickets helped to keep the score down with only 2 Indian players getting over 25 runs. 5 of the batters did not make it into double figures.
– With the bat, England performed reasonably well but also lost wickets at a regular rate early on. They were 133/5 on 28.5 overs and it looked like the match could go either way. Sophia Dunkley was the star performer with 73 runs (not out) from 81 balls, supported by Katherine Brunt 33 not out from 46 balls as they saw the match out together.
– The previous match was a more comprehensive win for England who chased down 202 to win in 34.5 overs for the loss of just 2 wickets. Tasmin Beaumont top-scored with 87 (not out) from 87 balls.
- India women need to find a little more in this match to really challenge England and make more of a game of it. The top-order needs to do more to build the innings than they have done so far. The first wicket has fallen before 25 runs in the first match, they look like need more from their top order.
– All is not lost with India though as we feel from watching them they have enough to get a win in this match. With a little more from the batting lineup, they could set a better score and put some pressure on England.
– Mithali Raj was the top scorer with 59 runs in the last match before being run out by Dunkley.
England W vs India W Match Prediction
England women are again the strong favourites to win this match but we think they are a little too short. Whilst we appreciate they are at home and have won the first 2 matches there is a chance they could ease off a little and that will give a chance for India to get a result and bring some more respect to this tour.
India has batted first in both matches and would be a better team chasing, in our opinion. If this happens in the final match it could see a better and closer match.
Score (If batting first)
Player of the match prediction
Mithali Raj (India)
England W vs India W Stats
Player Stats This Season
Top Batters This Season
Top Bowlers This Season
England W Last Match vs India W
|Sophia Dunkley Brown|
India W Last Match vs England W