- Match: England vs Pakistan
- Date: July 20, 2021
- Start Time: 5:30pm
- Stadium: Old Trafford
- Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 3rd T20I
- Format: T20I
England won by 3 wickets (with 2 balls remaining)
England T20 Trends
- England bounced back in style to tie the series 1-1 in Sunday’s T20 match. Moeen Ali took the player of the match award with 2/32 with the ball and 36 runs from 16 balls. This was an excellent performance from Ali that helped to set up this crucial win to tie the series.
- The teams move to Old Trafford for the decider.
- England was put in to bat by Pakistan and hit 200 before losing the last wicket with a ball to spare. After the Pakistan batting in the first T20, the match was well poised at the halfway stage.
- Saqib Mahmood found his grove and took 3/33 and Ali and Rashid both took 2 wickets, with Rashid slightly more economical.
- Liam Livingstone continued from his excellent 103 in the first match posting 38 from 23 balls. He was run out by a bad call from Tom Banton and looked set to post another big score if he had stayed in. He will be a player to watch again in the match.
- Captain Jos Buttler singled out the bowling of Matt Parkinson and Adil Rashid for praise after the match. It was the bowling unit that performed well and kept Pakistan out of the chase.
- After the match, Moeen Ali said he was pleased to bat higher up the order and enjoyed his partnership with Butler. Ali came in at 18/2 and moved the sore on to 85/3 before losing his wirket. He had a 225 strike rate!
Pakistan T20 Trends
- Pakistan was excellent in the first T20 but dipped a little in performance here. 200 was reachable for them but after a strong start they never really got going. The dropping from 50/1 to 105/6 was the main issue with the middle order not performing at all.
- Lower order batsmen Shadab Khan, 36 not out from 22 balls, and Imad Wasim 20 runs off 13 balls made the score more respectable but they were never going to impact the result – it was all too little too late.
- Babar Azam was the 3rd highest scorer 2ith 22 from 16 balls. After the form he was in during the first match he looked like he was ready to build another big inning before a mistimed pull shot toward extra cover was caught by Malan.
- By the time Azam Khan departed for 1 following Fakhar Zaman for 8, the match was all over. Mohammad Hafeez went for 10 off 12 balls prior to that. Other than the 2 openers and the 2 tail enders none of the batsmen performed to the level we were expecting of them. The run chase very quickly got away from them and there was no clawing it back.
- After the match, captain Babar Azam said he felt the bowlers gave away 20-30 runs more than they should have to make the chase harder. He said he felt he was in at a good point but his wicket made them lose their momentum in the run chase.
England vs Pakistan Match Prediction
This is such a tough match to call with both teams playing well at times. Home soil advantage means that we are going for an England win. They will need to get hold of Azam’s wicket early on as he is key to the performance of this Pakistan team.
Predicted match result: England win in a tight match
Player of the match prediction: Liam Livingstone
Predicted scores if batting first:
England vs Pakistan Stats
Player Stats this season
Top Batters This Season
Top Bowlers This Season
England Last Match vs Pakistan
A great performance from England to draw the series.
Pakistan Last Match vs England
There is work for Pakistan to do here with an improvement in the bowling economy. The batting line up needed a player higher up the order to make a big score.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Lucknow Super Giants v Chennai Super Kings Date: 31st March 2022 Stadium: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai Trends & Recent Form LSG and CSK meet for the first time and both lost their opening game. History points to CSK bouncing back here. We will look over the stats and the squads before making our match prediction. […]
- Match: Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kolkata Knight Riders Date: 30th Match 2022 Stadium: Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Navi Mumbai Trends & Recent Form Royal Challenges comes into the match looking for their first win of the IPL. KKR started well with a good win over last season’s champions – Chennai Super Kings. Here we […]
- Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Rajasthan Royals Date: 28th Match 2022 Stadium: Cricket Association Mumbai. Trends & Recent Form The teams predicted to be the bottom two go head to head in the first match and both will be looking to start with a win. For the third year in a row, Sunrisers are the favourites […]