- Match: England vs Pakistan
- Date: July 18, 2021
- Start Time: 1:30pm
- Stadium: Headingley
- Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 2nd T20I
- Format: T20I
England won by 45 runs
Pakistan T20 Form
- What a performance we witnessed from Pakistan in the first T20!
- After losing the ODI series 3-0 this perforce was unexpected but much needed for them. Pakistan showed their quality in T20 cricket.
- Captain Babar Azam was back to his best smashing 85 from 49 balls including 3 sixes. Mohammad Rizan, 63 for 41 helped Pakistan put on 150 for the first wicket.
- With wickets in hl=and Pakistan took the opportunity to hit out in the last 5 overs with 3 players finishing with over a 200 strike rate – Sohaib Maqsood got 19 from 7 balls, Fakhar Zaman smashed 26 from 8 and Mohammad Hafeez got 24 from 10.
- With the ball, Pakistan had a reasonable performance. Afridi’s 3/30 from 3.2 was the best figure.
- In their previous T20 series Pakistan beat Zimbabwe 2-1. This was a surprise as most teams whitewash Zimbabawe at the Pakistans level. This was due to a major batting collapse in one match that leads them to be 99 all out.
- With a win here Pakistan will seal the T20 series and lay down a good result ahead of the T20 World Cup later this year.
England T20 Form
- After winning the ODI series 3-0 we were expecting another win for England but they did not perform well enough with the ball. They could not get to grips with the Pakistan openers.
- Only one of the England bowlers had an economy rate of under 10, David Willey with 9.75. Saqib Mahmood who performed so well in the ODI finished with 1/46.
- England was in trouble early on with Mala out at 12/1. The wickets kept falling for the team with Bairstow, 11 runs, and Ali, 1 run, going early in their innings.
- Liam Livingstone was the stand-out performer with 103 runs for just 43 balls. His innings included 9 sixes and 6 fours. He really showed his T20 class here and is a top player at the international level.
- After Livingstone went at 183/7 England just could not get the run chase going and dropped wickets to end on 201 all out from 19.2.
- In T20 cricket England won their last series 3-0 against Sri Lanka. Prior to that, they lost an epic 5 matches series to India 3-2.
England vs Pakistan Match Prediction
This is a really hard match to call! After the ODI series win, England would have been looking to build on that in the T20 series. They really struggled in the match and without Livingstone’s performance, the margin of victory would have been even greater.
Predicted result: Pakistan to win
The team was not unanimous in this but the majority went with Pakistan. Their performance in the first match was world-class and they will be full of confidence and ready to go again. Babar Azam is one of the best T20 batters in the world, if he fires again then England will have a tough task on their hands.
Predicted scores in batting first:
England 200 – 220
England vs Pakistan Stats
Player Stats this season
Top Batters This Season
Top Bowlers This Season
England Last Match vs Pakistan
Excluding Livingstone England, batters did not fire enough. Morgan’s 16 at an SR of 107 was not what’s needed at the time – he needed to go big.
The England bowlers got a smashing too with 12 & 13 economy rates!
Pakistan Last Match vs England
Azam was the stand-out performer and Rizwan was his perfect partner opening the innings. Rizwan went at a lower SR but built his innings nicely, the pair worked well together.
The economy rates were not great but the wickets from Khan and Afridi helped to keep England pegged back.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles – August 4, 2021 Predictions: Can Livingstone fire Phoenix to glory?Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Date: August 4, 2021 Start Time: 6:00pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match Format: 100-Ball Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Stats and Trends Birmingham Phoenix Trends Played: 2 Won: 1 Lost: 1 NRR: -1.5830 Last 5 results: L, W Birmingham Phoenix has now played 4 […]
- West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I West Indies vs Pakistan Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies can tie the series with a win. The current score is 1-0 after 2 matches have been washed […]
- London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball Result Northern Superchargers won by 63 runs London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Stats and Trends London Spirit Trends Played: 3 Won: 0 Lost: 2 NRR: -0.4540 Last 5 results: L, […]