- Match: England vs New Zealand
- Date: November 10, 2021
- Start Time: 2:00pm
- Stadium: Sheikh Zayed Stadium
- Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021 – Semi Final
- Format: T20I
New Zealand won by 5 wickets (with 6 balls remaining)
England vs New Zealand Stats and Trends
- Played: 5
- Won: 4
- Lost: 1
- NRR: 2.4640
- Last 5 results: L, W, W, W, W
England looked set to make it through to the knockout stages unbeaten, like Pakistan, but then lost their last match against South Africa. They have been the form team on their side of the draw and look to have a strength that runs through the team with quality players in all positions.
They did lose opener, Jason Roy, in a South Africa match with a calf injury which has ruled him out of the rest of the tournament. Seamer Mills will also miss the match. New Zealand captain Kane Willaimson has been speaking about the depth in the England squad saying it is a blow to England but they have the player to cover.
Jos Buttler has been the star of the batting lineup with his unbeaten 101 still the highest individual score. He is the second-highest run-scorer overall just 24 runs behind Pakistans captain Babar Azam.
Adil Rashid is the top bowler with 8 wickets in 5 matches. He is follwed by all-rounder Moeen Ali who has 7 wickets.
England Last Match vs Sri Lanka
England won by 26 runs
This match was an incredible performance by Buttler showing his power with 101* with a 151 strike rate. Morgan is slowly getting back to his best with a steady 40. We have seen him playing some very good and sensible cricket in this World Cup compared to his IPL performances.
The bowlers did well but this was against a Sri Lankan team they should have easily put away.
New Zealand Trends
- Played: 5
- Won: 4
- Lost: 1
- NRR: 1.1620
- Last 5 results: W, W, W, W, L
New Zealand got into the finals with a win over Afghanistan that sent India crashing out. New Zealand did not start well but built some form in the later matches winning their last 4 to qualify. The win over India was the key match as the two teams were going head to head for the last qualifying spot.
At no point watching have we really been blown away by a New Zealand performance. They have improved from the opening defeat to Pakistan but they have not set the tournament alight. They do have a depth of quality in their squad and this is driven by Boult and Southee with the ball. These two bowlers will be key to New Zealand’s chances of winning this match and possibly the tournament.
Williamson was talking these two up in his pre-match interview. He also mentioned England’s big hitters and how they need to work as a team to stop them. He referenced Buttler and Livingstone who he trained with for Birmingham Phonix in the Hundred this year. Willaimson seems focused on getting a result here as a team effort rather than individual brilliance.
New Zealand Last Match vs Namibia
New Zealand won by 52 runs
This was a comfortable win for NZ. Boult and Southee played well and was well supported by Ish Sodhi who has grown into the tournament.
England vs New Zealand Match Prediction
This is a tough match to call as both teams have played well so far. We have seen, in the UAE, that the toss gives a team a huge advantage as it is always easier to chase on these pitches. The wickets are starting to wear more than you would expect after the IPL and World Cup being played almost back to back. This could play into the spinner’s hands with Moeen Ali the most likely to benefit from the deterioration in the pitch.
The batting lineups look set to score runs with England firepower on display all World Cup. Buttler will again be the key wicket that New Zealand wants but they still have other players who can really hurt New Zealand. If Buttler doesn’t get you then Livingstone, Ali or Malan may well do!
Predicted result: England to win
We would not bet on this until the toss has been made.
The team at Cricketics feels that England just has a little more to offer with the bat and although we think this will be a tight game we are backing England to win it and make the final. The loss to South Africa could be a blessing to England to keep them grounded and help them dig in and focus a little more.
Predicted scores (If batting first)
New Zealand 120/8
Dream 11 selections:
- Jos Buttler
- Liam Livingstone
- Moeen Ali
- Ish Shodi
- Trent Boult
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: West Indies vs India Date: August 6, 2022 Start Time: 2:30pm Stadium: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 4th T20I Format: T20I Result India won by 59 runs West Indies vs India Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies and India have headed to Florida for … Read more
- Ireland vs South Africa Prediction – August 5, 2022Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by 44 runs Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends Ireland Trends Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good … Read more
- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 16 runs Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends Netherlands Trends This match is being streamed on ICC.tv New Zealand is missing a couple of … Read more