- Match: England vs Sri Lanka
- Date: June 24, 2021
- Time starts (in India): 17:00:00.
- Stadium: Sophia Gardens
- Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 2nd T20I
- Format: T20I
Trends & Recent Form
In our preview, we will look at the top player’s stats for each team, recent trends and then make our match prediction!
Top Batters This Season
Top Bowlers This Season
- T20 World Rankings: 1st
- Points: 6088
- Rating: 277
- Top Batsman: Dawid Malan (No 1 in the world)
- Top Bowler: Adil Rashid (No 4 in the world)
Latest stats and trends
- England has a strong squad for this T20 series. Chris Woakes has returned to the T20 squad. The main absentees are Ben Stokes and Jofra Archer who are out with long term injuries.
- Without Archer, it will be down to Mark Wood and Adil Rashid to lead the bowling attack.
- Englands last T20 series ended in a loss to India, 3-2 in a 5 match series. It is safe to say that Sri Lanka is not at the Indian level in world cricket currently.
- England is the strong favourites to win the first match as well as the series. They are the favourite to win the series 3-0. On home soil and with the squad they have, even without their 2 stars, they look set to take a comfortable win.
Sri Lanka T20 form
- T20 World Rankings: 8th
- Points: 2957
- Rating: 227
- Top Batsman: Kusal Perera (No 37 in the world)
- Top Bowler: Lakshan Sandakan (No 9 in the world)
Latest stats and trends
- Sri Lanka posses a very good bowling attack with 2 of their T20 bowlers in the worlds top 10. They are less blessed with the bat with their top batsman, Kusal Perera, ranked at no 37 in the world.
- Wanindu Hasaranga has been in good form this year taking 8 wickets at a 3.5 economy in T20 cricket. Hasaranga is also the 3rd highest batsman this year and will be key to the Sri Lankan’s chances of success.
- Sri Lanka comes into the match after losing a 3 match ODI series to Bangladesh 2-1. Sri Lanka did win the last match with a very good performance that will help to build some confidence ahead of this series.
- In the last T20 series Sri Lanka lost to the West Indies 2-1 in a 3 match series.
Match Prediction: England to win
With the ratings and players, these 2 teams have you cannot avoid selecting England to win this match. Even with a couple of players missing they should be far too strong for the Sri Lankan team. We are expecting England to win this series 3-0.
Predicted scores (If batting first)
Sri Lanka 140-150/8
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: India vs Pakistan Date: October 24, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021 –
Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders Prediction – October 15, 2021: Who will win the IPL final!
Match: Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders Date: October 15, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League –
Match: Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders Date: October 13, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Sharjah Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 –