Match: England v India
Date: 12th August, 2021
Format: 2nd Test
Trends & Recent Form
After a wash out draw in the first test the 2 team go head to head again in this test. India really had the upper hand and the weather came to Englands rescue. With more time the Cricketics team are sure that India would have sealed the win. The weather looks better for a full 5 days in this test.
England Test Form
Latest stats and trends
- Moeen Ali has been called up for the 2nd test. He has been playing well and the club level and is in excellent form. He will pose some problems for India batters.
- Joe Root was the stand-out batsman for England in the first match but lacked support from others. After the match, Chris Silverwood called on the players to back him up. Based on form Root is a good selection for your Dream 11 and for the player of the match should England win.
- Micheal Atherton described England’s top 3 as “crumbling” and under pressure with Ollie Pope returning to the squad.
- Ollie Robinson stared with the ball for England on his return to the team after a disciplinary break. He took 5/85 in the first innings. He was well backed up by legend James Anderson who took 4/54 including KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, and Virat Kohli for a duck. Anderson seems to have a strong psychological advantage over Kohli in recent years.
India Test Form
Latest stats and trends
- India was on 52/1 chasing just 209 to win when the weather took hold and ended the match. They were in a very strong position and will have a lot of confidence going into this match.
- Jasprit Bumrah showed his class as the top bowler in both innings with 4/46 in the first innings followed by 5/64 in the second. His wickets helped keep the pressure on England and the score down.
- KL Rahul was the top run-scorer with 84 in the first innings. When India was losing wickets KL steadied them and just slowly built his score from 214 runs. It was a show of his experience and understanding of the game.
- Ravindra Jadeja was the second-highest scorer in the first innings. His 56 of 86 balls was well needed. He clearly had a game plan of getting to 50 and then hitting out to get some more runs on the board quickly. Unfortunately, he was undone by an Ollie Robinson full-length ball which he failed to middle and was caught out by Stuart Broad.
This looks set to be a tough test for both teams. England is usually good on home soil and India must not underestimate Anderson, Broad, and co.
Match Prediction: India to win the match
We saw enough from KL Rahul and Bumrah to know India has two of their talisman in good form. These two will be key to the match. The top-order batsman needs to support KL and Kohli needs to have a big performance for us.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Sussex vs Kent Date: September 18, 2021 Start Time: 1:30pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20 Result Kent
Match: Hampshire vs Somerset Date: September 18, 2021 Start Time: 10:00am Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20 Result Somerset
Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Prediction – September 21, 2021: Which of the new players can make a difference after the IPL restart?
Match: Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Date: September 21, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 –