- Match: Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders
- Date: October 13, 2021
- Start Time: 2:00pm
- Stadium: Sharjah Cricket Stadium
- Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – Qualifier 2
- Format: T20
Kolkata Knight Riders won by 3 wickets (with 1 ball remaining)
Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders Stats and Trends
Delhi Capitals Trends
- Played: 14
- Won: 10
- Lost: 4
- NRR: 0.4810
- Last 5 results: L, W, W, L, W
After topping the IPL table the Dehli Capitals fell to CSK and have one shot to make it to the final. They have been in impressive form in the IPL 2021 and will be keen to make it to back to back finals – and secure a win.
DC has taken on KKR in the UAE recently and lost the match by 3 wickets with 10 balls remaining. This was one of the poorest performances we have seen from the Capitals. They batted first but only managed to put on 127/9 after losing wickets regularly. They did make a good attempt at defending the score but KKR still managed to chase it down with relative ease in the end losing 7 wickets in the process.
DC did beat KKR back in April in the first half of the IPL in India. The form of DC has been excellent and they will still be confident of a win going into this match.
Dehli Capitals has 3 batsmen in the top 10 for the torment. Shikhar Dhawan leads the way with 551 runs and if they make the final he’ll have a good chance of being the top scorer for the tournament.
Delhi Capitals Last Match vs Chennai Super Kings
Chennai Super Kings won by 4 wickets (with 2 balls remaining)
As a neutral spectator, this was a great match to watch and Dehli should have won it. They took the wickets they needed to get in a good position but MS Dhoni was their undoing. Dhoni hit 18 off 6 balls to win with 3 balls remaining.
Kolkata Knight Riders Trends
- Played: 14
- Won: 7
- Lost: 7
- NRR: 0.5870
- Last 5 results: W, W, L, W, L
KKR scraped into the knock out stages finishing 4th in the table. They then put in a great performance to beat RCB and get a shot at making the final.
Rahul Tripathi is the top batsman and sits 12th on the table with 383 runs. They also have Gill on 381 runs and Raina on 370 runs. This has been a solid effort from the team rather than one player leading the line. They have all played 15 matches.
In bowling, KKR also does not have any players in the top 10. Narine leads the way with 14 wickets so far and was in excellent form in the win to knock RCB out of the IPL. Rabada has 13 wickets but has been very expensive at 8.32 runs an over across 14 matches.
Kolkata Knight Riders Last Match vs Royal Challengers Bangalore
Kolkata Knight Riders won by 4 wickets (with 2 balls remaining)
This was an excellent performance from KKR. RCB started the match well and were going nicely when the first wicket fell at 49/1. After that, the wickets kept falling at a regular rate and the runs slowed down. KKR bowlers did well to limit RCB to 138/7. In reply, KKR was going along nicely and the match looked evenly poised. Then Sunil Narine came in and smashed 26 off 15 balls to give KKR the upper hand. Six wickets fell in total but they did enough to win the match with 2 balls to spare.
Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders Match Prediction
This looks set to be a great match to watch with two excellent teams. Both will be desperate to make the final against CSK on Friday before heading off to prepare for the T20 World Cup. The Cricketics team has had a long discussion about this one!
Predicted result: Dehli Capitals to win
Predicted scores if betting first:
Dehli Capitals 170-185/7
Kolkata Knight Riders 140-155/8
Here are some other previews you may like
- Betway 4 to score – CricketBetway has a great game to play for cricket fans – 4 to score. This is a free game to play and is available on selected cricket matches, usually including India games and the IPL. You can win up to ₹1,00,000, although recently there has not been many winners. All you need is a Betway […]
- Top 10 IPL earnings in real time. You won’t believe your eyes!The Indian Premier League is packed full of the worlds very best cricketers. Sports stars at the top of their game or profession mean they can command the biggest pay checks and IPL cricketers are no exception. We’ve found the top 10 IPL earners. The sums involved are quite staggering when real time earnings can […]
- There have been some magnificent cricketers throughout the years. Some incredibly fast-paced bowlers such as Brett Lee and Shoaib Akhtar as well as some phenomenal spin bowlers, none better than Shane Warne. Elite sportsmen and women will always look for the edge. The extra 1% that turns the competition in their favour. None more so […]