Match: Yorkshire v Sussex
Date: 3rd June – 7th June 2021
Format: 4-day limited overs
Competition: County Championship
Trends & Recent Form
This match sees high flying Yorkshire take on low flying Sussex in a four day County Championship match. Yorkshire goes into the match as favourites for another win.
We look over the key trends for both teams in the 4-day format of the game.
- Played: 7
- Won: 3
- Drawn: 3
- Points: 98
- Top Batsman: A Lyth
- Top Bowler: SA Patterson
Latest stats and trends
- Yorkshire remains unbeaten in the County Championship at the time of writing. They have been in good form with good performances from across the squad.
- Lyth has been in good knick with the bat and this show as he is the top scorer for the team.
- With the ball, Patterson leads the way although the wickets have been well spread out across the bowlers.
- In the last match, against Lancashire, it was down to teenager Harry Duke to save them from embarrassment with a 52. This helped them to recover from 6/21 to post 159.
- In the previous game, a draw with Durham, Yorkshire had got themselves in a good position before the rain came. After bowling Glamorgan out for 159, they made 230 giving them a first-innings lead. They had Galmorgan at 164/4 when rain stopped play. This could have been another win for the team.
- Played: 7
- Won: 1
- Drawn: 2
- Lost: 3
- Points: 64
- Top Batsman: OJ Pope
- Top Bowler: OE Robinson
Latest stats and trends
- Sussex have just one win in the Championship at the time of writing.
- They have not won a match since the 15th of April (excluding the current round of fixtures which is in play at this time).
- In their last defeat, they were very poor with both bat and ball. After falling to 106 all out in the first innings Northants put on 441/9 declared. Sussex was then out for 215 losing the match by an innings and 120 runs.
- Sussex seems to lack the same quality as this Yorkshire side and this has been on display in the tournament.
Head to head stats
The two sides have not met yet this year.
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Yorkshire to win.
The quality of this Yorkshire team shines in comparison to the Sussex side. They have a depth of good player that Sussex has been lacking. This should be a comfortable win with some bonus points for Yorkshire.
Predicted margin: Yorkshire to win by over an innings.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Sussex vs Kent Date: September 18, 2021 Start Time: 1:30pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20 Result Kent
Match: Hampshire vs Somerset Date: September 18, 2021 Start Time: 10:00am Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20 Result Somerset
Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Prediction – September 21, 2021: Which of the new players can make a difference after the IPL restart?
Match: Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Date: September 21, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 –