- Match: Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders
- Date: October 15, 2021
- Start Time: 2:00pm
- Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium
- Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – Final
- Format: T20
Chennai Super Kings won by 27 runs
Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders Stats and Trends
Chennai Super Kings Trends
- Played: 14
- Won: 9
- Lost: 5
- NRR: 0.4550
- Last 5 results: L, L, L, W, W
The Super Kings cruised past the Dehli Capitals to get straight to the final.
They have a 37% win rate in the IPL finals. They have won the IPL title in 2010, 2011 and 2018. They are a very experienced team and will be focused on winning here. Their return to the final is a triumph after how poor they were in IPL 2020. This match is a repeat of the 2012 IPL final which was won by KKR.
MS Dohni showed all his experience to fire CSK to the final in the knock-out match. His experience in the final could be key to CSK. He has the ability to steady the team when he comes in. He also always knows what the team needs and plays to what is required whilst still imposing his game on the match.
Gaikwad is the leading batsman with 603 runs for the tournament. He needs 24 runs to be the top batsman for the tournament, as long as Faf doesn’t hit more! Faf du Plessis is the 4the highest batsman in the IPl and is on 547 runs. He’s a long way from KL Rahul on 623 but it is still reachable with big innings – which we know he is capable of!
With the ball, CSK has fewer higher positioned players. Thakur is sitting 9th overall with 18 wickets and Bravo 19th with 13 wickets. It has been the quality of the batting that has stood out more for us with this CSK team.
Chennai Super Kings Last Match vs Delhi Capitals
Chennai Super Kings won by 4 wickets (with 2 balls remaining)
|Mahendra Singh Dhoni|
This was a great game to watch! SCK was set 173 to win, which looked like a good score on the wicket. CSK was going well in the chase but after a couple of wickets seems to be struggling in the case. The MS Dhoni came in and hit 3 sixes in a row and the game was won!
Kolkata Knight Riders Trends
- Played: 14
- Won: 7
- Lost: 7
- NRR: 0.5870
- Last 5 results: W, W, L, W, L
KKR finished 4th in the table and fought their way to the final. They have been the surprise package of the IPL in the UAE and have really turned things around from the first half of the IPl. They won 5 of their 7 matches in the UAE after winning just 2 of 7 in India. The team’s performances have really impressed us and they are in excellent form heading to the final.
KKR has won the IPL twice in 2012 and 2014. It has been a long time since these wins. All the personnel has changed since these wins.
Englands Eoin Morgan will be looking to get his first win as an IPL captain before the T20 World Cup starts. Morgan has been an excellent captain but has not performed as well with the bat as he is capable. It has been the other stars and the young guns from KKR who are responsible for the teams
Kolkata Knight Riders Last Match vs Delhi Capitals
Kolkata Knight Riders won by 3 wickets (with 1 ball remaining)
This was a bizarre match to watch. The Capitals just did not get going and set a low score. Kolkata looked like they were on for a cruise but then lost 4 players for a duck and scraped over the line to get the win with 1 ball to spare.
Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders Match Prediction
It’s the IPl final and anything can happen! The Cricketics team has sat down and discussed this match at length. Can CSK get another title or will KKR have enough with the ball to hurt them. The UAE form of KKR has been a hot topic of discussion.
To go from 2 wins in 7 in India to make the final is quite an achievement and the coaching team should be very proud of how they turned things around. It would have been easy to come and play a few average games and get knocked out. They clearly came with a plan for how they were going to play and to make sure they gave themselves the chance to get to the knockout stages. It was a close thing but they did make it knocking the Mumbai Indians out along the way.
Predicted result: Kolkata Knight Riders to be IPL Champions
This was a closely discussed topic but the team have sided with KKR on their UAE form. They seem to have the momentum with them in their matches and we think they’ll have just enough to get a win over CSK.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Date: January 12, 2022 Start Time: 8:15am Stadium: The Gabba Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – 46th Match Format: T20 Result Adelaide Strikers won by 71 runs Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Stats and Trends Brisbane Heat Trends Played: 11 Won: 3 Lost: 8 NRR: -0.7340 Last 5 […]
- Match: Brisbane Heat v Sydney Thunder Date: 19-12-21 Stadium: The Gabba, Australia Tournament: Big Bash 11 – T20 Trends & Recent Form It’s 7th v 6th in the Big Bash today. The tournament returns after a three-day break. There is a match a day until the 25th and then a double header on the 26th. […]
- Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers Prediction – December 15, 2021: Preview, Tips and Odds.Match: Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers Date: December 15, 2021 Start Time: 8:15am Stadium: Melbourne Cricket Ground Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – 13th Match Format: T20 Result Sydney Sixers won by 7 wickets (with 2 balls remaining) Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers Stats and Trends Melbourne Stars Trends Played: 4 Won: 2 Lost: […]